Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,338 members

5000 member office pool (no charge)

Posted by KennyT, on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:38 pm
This was back when it was fun without the crap.
Reply by gutenberg, on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:11 pm
But, but, this is an Ostomy forum, where crap is king!!!
Reply by WOUNDED DOE, on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:20 pm
SO many good, funny, awesomely wonderful people on this site, and SO many unfortunately who won't come back.........yet..........I hope we can get old friends to return Wink .....one day when they are ready ...... I miss them xoxooo
Reply by itchy22, on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:40 am
Unfortunately,as of Sept.30,2013 I'll be forced to leave the internet and all these fun blogs & forums simply because I can't afford it any more. My provider likes to raise the cost every once in a while and the competition isn't much better. If, in the future I can somehow swing a smart phone or pad, I'll be back.
Reply by gutenberg, on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:11 am
Hi itchy, I'm real sorry to hear that, you have brought some great posts that took off like lightning, but I understand you dilema, If the income tax people don't agree with my appeal, you wont be alone, and many thanks for your ability to bring people out to take part in what you start, Ed
Reply by Primeboy, on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:05 am
Hey Itchy, while you are waiting for the smart phone, consider your options. One might be a trip to the local library to use their computers, preferably when schools in session and there's no wait. I just googled "access free computers" and got a ton of ideas. Good Luck!
   PB
Reply by Primeboy, on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:46 am

WOUNDED DOE wrote:
SO many good, funny, awesomely wonderful people on this site, and SO many unfortunately who won't come back.........yet..........I hope we can get old friends to return Wink .....one day when they are ready ...... I miss them xoxooo

Doe, I am not sure if this site is meant or should be meant as a permanent support center for every ostomate who joins. It's quite possible many former ostomates have developed strong coping skills during their time here and now have moved on to address other challenges and interests in their lives. It's also possible that more than a few ostomates have withdrawn because their experiences here were less than positive. Some of these folks may have received a minimal response to their call for help, while  others may have been denied access to the better angels of our nature. I like your idea about old friends returning, if only for a visit. I am going to make a suggestion to the Administrator here that the site send emails to former members inviting them to return for visits sometime during October. Perhaps a special blog could be set up where they could post a bit about themselves and rediscover what a great place this is. I know people have provided the Administrators with email addresses when they joined. Perhaps most of these addresses are still current. Such outreach could rekindle old friendships and also assist the site financially by returning a limited number of lapsed members to the fold. Waiting until old friends are ready to return just won't get the job done. Something needs to be done. What are your thoughts, and others?
   PB
Reply by gutenberg, on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:30 pm
A terrific post PB and I only wish some would come back if only for a sociable visit, I really miss some of them but won't mention any names but hope your suggestion comes to fruition, Ed
Reply by Primeboy, on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:53 pm

gutenberg wrote:
A terrific post PB and I only wish some would come back if only for a sociable visit, I really miss some of them but won't mention any names but hope your suggestion comes to fruition, Ed

Several years ago, Ed, you will remember the chat room was very active almost every night and Zeppo was the point master handing out points for witty, insightful and even salty comments. Everyone was welcome and no topic was off the table except excessive self-pity. This room was the place where many had their first live interaction with other ostomates, and friendships as well as relationships blossomed. Newcomers were especially welcomed. Over time, however, people drifted away for various reasons and the chat room became a ghost town, even a huge disappointment to newcomers who found all too often that no one was ever here. Perhaps we should spend a little more time there. Anyway, I give a lot of credit to folks like you Ed, and many others, who invest so much of their heart and soul into this forum. It's somewhat of a field of dreams. If we build it, they will come or come back.
   PB
Reply by gutenberg, on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:53 am
Yo PB: Your optimism is contagious it would be wonderful if we could convince some of them to come back for a visit, Ed
Reply by gutenberg, on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:57 am

KennyT wrote:
This was back when it was fun without the crap.

Kenny, I'm thinking by crap you mean what went on in the social section and I really never seen any really ignorant posts, just a lot of differences of opinion and it seemed to get a lot of views, just my opinion, Ed
Reply by eddie, on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:03 pm
BadDancer where the hell ya been, Thought maybe some of them Californa folks saw ya in ya burryin suit and had ya stuffed!!!! Missed you, hope you are doing well!
Your East Coast Hillbilly Friend
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.