Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,338 members

THE OBAMA SPECTABLE!

Posted by KennyT, on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:56 am
Hey Jack while I respect your fox chasing the rabbit attitude I still fail to understand why this is such an issue with you. I think as Bluezz quite succinctly put it there are bigger fish to fry.

And if the state of Hawaii is anything akin to our form of government here I don't believe it is  legal to place a persons Birth Certificate in the public domain without their consent, which is only sensible I feel. I really do not understand why they would lie about the certificate being in existence, as if I follow your conspiracy line they could easily fake one for the President of the United States if pushed to the limit.

I just think that people are barking up the wrong tree with this one.

Ken
Reply by dug127, on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:23 am
while in my opinion, this is just another one of those political ploys to get the general public chasing thier tail over something that lacks importance, i really wish the American public would focus on things that actually matter in the day to day crap storm that we seem to keep finding ourselves in.

and yes, i have had to produce my birth certificate for different reasons, some of which seem quite stupid, i have yet been asked to publish a copy of mine in the news paper or broadcast t.v.
why should my right to privacy be more important than that of our leader(s)?  Preident Obamas term is coming up for either renewal or he is going to be fired (by vote) and this issue keeps popping up. I for one am tired of hearing about it, which is my right to feel, but 1 nagging point keeps popping up in my head about all of this. how could he have gotten this far in public office without having proven over and over again he is in fact a natural born American?

as it's been pointed out, you need to produce said document to renew licences, apply for SS benefits, ect.... has anyone in power bothered to check and see if he drives a car?
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:10 am
Dug,

Actually you iterate one of my points..........
.He has had to produce said document in the past,
so, why i it so difficult to produce it now?
Especially since all the to-do about it.
I, just this week had to send off to Vital Stastic's to purchase
a copy of my birth certificate, at a cost of $25.00, in
order to renew my drivers license.  Why, when I first obtained a license
a copy was required, did that not suffice once and for all?

Do you suppose Obama cannot afford  the $25.00.
With the budget the way it is, I suppose not.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT:  is it possible that due to all the hullabalo
over ths,  could it not pass close scrutiny, suggesting a forgery?
I know how silly this all sounds, over a simple matter,  but
There were/are those whom feel the same about some
of the artcles of the constitution," too trivial to add to the constitution"
Not so friend,  every article and amendment is crucial to the American way of life!!
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:13 am
Dug,

an antecedent to the above.....................
as far as it not being important,( the birth thing),
wouldn't it be wierd, if ,when produced his last name had been BinLadin.?
Reply by KennyT, on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:05 am
I sit over here in Australia and to be honest with with you I am sure the majority of the population here is having a real chuckle at the farce that is being generated by this minute issue. As Dug pointed out this document would have been produced previously and I fear that this will come back to bite others in a sensitive spot and that will not be Obama.

I actually find it laughable at the rather quite comical pursuit of a non issue. But it appears to be a major issue with some.

Ken

ps Maybe Lets Talk would be a better forum Jack as opposed to this one.
Reply by KennyT, on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:20 am
Just one more point Jack I actually just read read your initial post once again to peruse what began this silly thing and finally took in your comment regarding Donald Trump being your new hero and just had to stop there. That was enough for me.

I would love to see him and the genius from up north run together. At least they would make for a great comedy double.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:47 pm
Kenny,

Well, so much for speaking your piece,  and as you say,  you are not an American either.

I have noticed that the Aussies seem to have quite different views than we.  So be it,  
You see that's what makes each of us unique in our respectful countries,  the right
to be unique  without fear of reprisal,  it's great.

I don't feel offended if you disagree with my views,  however I think it below the proper station
to do so with sarcasam.  I don't feel that I have exercised that tone with you.  If I have,  I was wrong and freely admit it.

However I still  and will maintain my point of view on the Obama subject.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:08 pm
Let it end!

While I find it somewhat ironic that the most vehement responses to my initial subject have been

from those other than Americans,  with a couple of exceptions.  I now find it utter folly to pursue this topic any further.  Having not been impressed, nor impressing others, it is time to let this sleeping dog go back to sleep.  For those in support with me,  I truly respect and honor your remarks.  To those not,  I aquience to you somewhat different outlook on this, "truly  silly subject"

while something so insignificant can raise issues,  what about another unpopular issue,  will it
be pushed aside as to trivial to speak about?  

I will however maintain my attitude.  But as an American Indian Chief once remarked,  "I will make no more war forever"  Think his name was Joseph.

bye, bye.........on this subject
Reply by gutenberg, on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:51 pm
Jack I think that your postings were all given with the best in civil discourse and will say I'm impressed with most of the replies, I found this whole experience to be a valuable asset to those of us who are not Americans, to see how a debate should be carried on, many thanks for the opportunity to see how your countrymen expressed themselves without wandering off into a spiteful debate, Ed
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:57 am
Ed,

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement.

In looking back over the whole list of comments and replies

I can see that the whole subject was controversial, and I am afraid that I may

have gotten out of hand.  Thanks for the stimulating conversation to ALL!

Jack
Reply by KennyT, on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:02 am
Not at all Jack. You just placed your viewpoint up for discussion and it was. People just choose to disagree at times.

Ken.
Reply by KennyT, on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:53 am
I am at a loss now that Obama has produced his Berth Certificate and Donald Trump is claiming a triumph! Can someone please explain to me the triumph? I know what people will say that he forced it out of Obama but do you not think he was sitting on this just waiting for the fish to jump on the line?

Donald Trump looks more foolish by the day.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:58 am
kenny,

I am at a loss to even attempt to clarify the events of the past few weeks.

So I find these points almost moot anymore:

!.  Obama should have cleared up the whole mess when it first reared

it's ugly head.

2.  While I am impressed with Trumps talkability,  I would be hesitant to

elect him to the highest office in the world.  I think that he might be too

hot headed and make some irratioal decisions.  Which we certainly don't

need  any more "knee jerk" decisions,  they are usually wrong anyway.

I see that "T-bone" has started talking again, phoeey!

I still maintain that a sitting governor is the better qualified to run and win
!
But until we stop voting like it is a popularity contest, (remember high school

elections?)

I remember back in the 60's or 70's, Cleveland, Ohio elected an 18 year old Mayor
, or City Manager and in 6 months he had the city in bankruptcy and was recalled,
This after they lowered the voting age and the drinking age!  Instead of raising the draft age!!
Reply by Lobster, on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:29 am

KennyT wrote:
Just one more point Jack I actually just read read your initial post once again to peruse what began this silly thing and finally took in your comment regarding Donald Trump being your new hero and just had to stop there. That was enough for me.

I would love to see him and the genius from up north run together. At least they would make for a great comedy double.

It would be a very entertaining comedy double act up until the point they actually get elected! and then....
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:11 pm
er, Kenny,

I thought that this last post of yours was when I DID say,

kinda tongue in cheek  that he was my hero.  But I fail to see the relevence

to my post today, to that post of 2 weeks ago.  am I missing

something?  Are your comments to the post 2 weeks ago or

to my latest?  If so I am even more confused.  I thought that my

latest post sad where I stand on candidates.
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.