Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,328 members

DRIVERS LICENSE RENEWAL

Past Member
Posted by Past Member, on Fri May 13, 2011 10:02 pm
i AM NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE PLACE TO POST THIS.  BUT IT IS A SUBJECT FOR "LETS TALK"

THIS IS FOR USA CITIZENS

HAVING JUST GONE THRU THE HASSLE OF RENEWING MY DRIVERS LICENSE I WOULD LIKE TO

SHARE SOME INFORMATION WITH YOU.  iF YOU WAIT UNTIL THE MONTH THAT YOUR

LICENSE IS DUE FOR EITHER EXPIRATION OR RENEWAL, YOU MAY BE IN FOR A BIG HEAD

ACHE, DUE TO OUR "PATRIOT ACT" REQUIREMENTS.  I JUST WENT THRU THE PROCEDURE

I HAD TO PRODUCE MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE, MY MILITARY DD 214 FORM, TWO UTILITIY BILLS

SHOWING MY ADDRESS AND MY HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT.

I AM NOT SURE IF IT APPLIES TO ANY OTHER STATE OR NOT,  BUT IN FLORIDA YOU CAN

RENEW A CLASS E LICENSE,(REGULAR OPERATORS LICENSE) 18 MONTHS BEFORE THE EXPIRATION DATE.  SO DO  NOT WAIT,

RENEW AS EARLY AS YOU CAN AND SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF HEADACHES.

IF ANY ONE NEEDS MORE INFO, JUST POST A REPLY AND I WILL GET BACK TO YOU/
Reply by Xerxes, on Sat May 14, 2011 12:20 am
Jacksprat,

I don't know. Are you sure you are not on the government's most wanted list? LOL. Thanks for the headsup.

X_
Reply by Pinky, on Sat May 14, 2011 1:43 pm
Must be you, Jacksprat - or Florida - I just had my Mom at the DMV getting a renewal - no problem - but she's 87 so I guess they don't expect any terrorist acts from her  Very Happy
Reply by gutenberg, on Sat May 14, 2011 2:08 pm
Yo Jack, you know we have similar problems here in Canada and the only thing that I can think of is these public servants, and otherwise, are given a rule book and they go by the rules and for some of them that is great, they don't have to think for themselves and believe me that can be a good thing, but for others it must be a real piss off not being able to make decisions based on their own knowledge and so they pay for it by making up for the idiots who should never be in those positions in the first place and so it goes on and on and on, Ed
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat May 14, 2011 3:13 pm
For you that  didn't have a problem,  I am glad for you.

But I know that, there is nothing as frustrating as dealing with some one in a high place

who has a little authority.
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.