Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,339 members

Taking People For Fools

Posted by KennyT, on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:38 pm
Is it just me or is this trip across America not a stunt by the fool from Alaska? It is obvious that this trip is to drum up support for her attempt at the White House.

She probably discovered a few weeks back that most Americans would not  vote for her so she decided to pull out the last measures. She is looked upon in most places on the earth as a joke, but then again you don't have to be a rocket scientist sometimes to become the President over there.

Got to go as I have probably upset enough people again.

Ken.
Reply by Lobster, on Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:52 am

KennyT wrote:
Is it just me or is this trip across America not a stunt

Yes it is a stunt and it is a trip she hopes will end in the White House (please God, no!)
Reply by Lizz, on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:23 pm
Yes, I agree it is worrying, especially when you remember one or two other non-MENSA candidates who made it to the office of President... Oh, hang on though, she won't have a great deal of campaigning time- what with the shooting Bambi expeditions and all those hockey matches she has to attend...
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:14 pm
Kenny,

I realize that our political machine stays broke down most of the time,  but I am curious as to

why do you so delight in tearing the USA down and with such vehemitness?  (I know spelling

wrong  but am to lazy to look up
)
Reply by KennyT, on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:51 pm
No Jack I admire many things about America but I just find it laughable that people would even contemplate voting for someone like Sarah Palin, but then again George Bush Jr got the gig so I suppose anything is possible.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:49 pm
You have to remember too KT that only about 30% of the population votes in the USA, so whoever gets in is probably the one who has the most monetary backing, not the one who the minority votes for.

Strange but true (like most things in that now third world country).
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:18 am
JC,

To refute what you say about only the rich being elected and that the minority never wins.

Remember our poor Harry Truman, the outgoing president who paid for his own train ticket home?

As far as only the majority winning office,   er.....that is the purpose of the whole system.

Majority rule.  But if you really want to take us to task,  remember our very first form of

government was basically communism,  "from each according to their ability,

to each according  to their need"

But we did get past that!!

America, a third world country?, may be.  I am not sure what is a third world, second world,

first world or even a twenty-second world country.

But it's ok,  we'll work it out eventually.
Reply by KennyT, on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:03 am
I think you read that post all wrong as you do often.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:35 pm
Kenny,

It seems to me that I read most of your post's wrong, I will try harder in the

future to read them correctly.

By the way;  has there ever been an American politician that you didn't feel a fool?
Reply by KennyT, on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:44 pm
Well you read that one wrong again as I was referring to JC's post. I am over this.
Reply by KennyT, on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:00 pm
And yes Jack there are a few.

Andrew Jackson, Grover Cleveland, Woodrow Wilson, FDR, Harry Truman, JFK, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama.

I like to take an interest in the US.
Reply by KennyT, on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:55 am
*** Deleted by Admin ***
Reply by KennyT, on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:04 am
*** Deleted by Admin ***
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:14 am
Kenny,  my turn,

you also read one wrong,

if you saw the post by Gutenberg, he and I were taken

to task because some one read our post wrong, and added an insult

aimed at us, i.e.  we were refered to as the "stoma's" in here.

We were just pokeing our sense of humor, not meant to be rude.  Both of us

apologised to the poster,  recall?

at any rate as you said, "enough of this"
Reply by eddie, on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:34 am
I really shouldn't get into this, but here goes, Kenny in all due respect to you and others who are not from the USA, I would very much like to give you our president Obama, perhaps if you lived in the USA, and paid taxes here you would understand why over 50% of America would be sooo generous!
respectfully
eddie
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.