Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,328 members

Having surgery on the 9th

Posted by vanessavy, on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:48 pm
Well I have been on a roller coaster! Was going to have a jpouch. Met with many doctors but the 3rd tested one of my 100 polyps and it was a T1 tumor  in my rectum so can't keep any of it with the chance it might come back. So I am off to have the BCIR done , I decided to do an internal resevoir instead. Not sure if anyone is familiar with the BCIR but I prefer this over the ileostomy. Have a few friends with them that love it.

www.BCIR.com

Been blogging on my wordpress account and will continue to do so after surgery. A long 21 days in the hospital in St Pete, Florida. Other than that, saying goodbye to a colon the works perfectly fine. Went on a cake and dessert only for a month "diet". Ugh little nervous I suppose.
Reply by mooza, on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:04 pm
Oh i have heard of that good luck darls wish you all the best thats using a tube right ??xx had your cake and ate it too lol
Reply by vanessavy, on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:10 pm
Yes it is similar to a kpouch just a better constructed valve Smile. Use a tube and go to the bathroom on your own terms pretty much Smile

Thanks!
Reply by SallyWillard, on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:51 pm
I wish you the best! Please keep us posted on your surgery and recovery. I am considering this surgery as well. And it would be nice to hear it from someone who has been through it.
Reply by lucky duck, on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:04 pm
vanessavy, are you going to have this done in St. Pete?  Or are you back in Texas by now.  Since you have over 100 polyps do you have FAP?  By the way the end ileostomy is not so bad.  The loop ileostomy is hard to manage.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:37 am
Can't help you with your original query, but noticed you're due for an operation on the 9thDecember. I wish you well, because on the very same day I will be having an operation to correct an enormous hernia following a urostomy a few years back. Let's think of each other on Friday, and hope all goes well for the two of us.
Reply by vanessavy, on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:41 pm
Doing good 4 months post op. I went back to crossfit 2 months post op. Able to olympic weight lift again, started slow but stoma is flush with my skin. MY husband can't tell it is there. It is in my muscle wall below my belly button to the right so hernias have less chance of happening. I had some pouchitis but got rid of that with VSL #3 and Omniceff. I have a bladder condition so if anything that is my issue over the BCIR lately. Took awhile to get off pain meds but for 6 weeks been off them. I eat everything just avoid mushrooms.

Hope your surgery went well for your hernia!

I have posted photos on my blog and a lot of honest writing when my days just suck. www.vanessaic.wordpress.com
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.