Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,338 members

Just Another Waste.

Posted by KennyT, on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:22 pm
Once again here we go. Another mass shooting in Oakland. If this is not a call for gun control then I don't know that there will be anything done to achieve that goal. How many people have to die in America for the power's to be to allow for a change in this stupid belief that people should be allowed to carry a gun?

I know the usual suspects will wade in but seriously explain the need for people carrying guns.Is it because others have guns? If so that proves the point. Disgraceful.
Reply by KennyT, on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:08 pm
And before the old chestnut comes out consider a shooters license if you want to shoot animals incapable of defending themselves. If you don't really require a gun then why?????

I think it is just really for the embellishment of their own self worth.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:34 am
gun control only prevents law abiding citizens from owning guns. if someone wants to shoot up a place and/or people (s)he is going to find one to shoot up said place and/or people.

if this is about the trayvan williams shooting, then the suspect is definitely guilty of police interference and going beyond neighborhood watch duties.

In general, committing a crime with some sort of firearm should add more prison time.

Guns don't kill people; stupid m*th3rf#ck3rs with guns kill people.
Reply by KennyT, on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:19 am
Funny that Sinful this has nothing to do with that shooting if you had read closer. This idiotic idea that it is not the gun but the person in control only enforces my idea. Can you not see that? That is one of the stupidest things I have read.

If not then I give up as you people who believe that guns in society are good then go shoot each other tonight or tomorrow according to your time frame. Maybe you need to sit in the corner for a while and consider what I said.So if they did not have the guns......... How smart do you you need to be?
Reply by KennyT, on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:32 am
Then why are the vast majority of these things happening in America? The Home Of The Free and the ability to get a gun anytime you like? It is a joke.
Reply by mild_mannered_super_hero, on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:47 pm

KennyT wrote:
This idiotic idea that it is not the gun but the person in control only enforces my idea. Can you not see that? That is one of the stupidest things I have read.

kt, as always your logic is "reversed". thats quite natural for a liberal, so dont worry...you are reacting as "programed".
should you care to really see if it`s the gun or the person i propose a bet.
you stay the weekend where there are absolutly no weapons of any sort, any federal prison should work quite nicely.
i will spend the same weekend at the local shooting range where everyone has a gun and ammunition.
we will meet back here and discuss how things progressed. of course i will be lucky to make it back...considering sooooo many guns....but you will be as safe as a babe in mothers arms....no weapons of any kind.
that should decide the issue.........
Reply by KennyT, on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:12 pm
Once again repudiated. Watch out for the baited hooks guys. This is too easy.
Reply by christiesdad, on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:22 pm
Remember a few years ago when they DID try to out law guns?  And the adage that followed?
"When they outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns"

Every once in a while you hear about some one actually saving their own life by owning a gun and using it to defend either their own life or the life of someone else.

Sorry Kenny, and I partially agree with you about the stuidity of some nuts with the guns, but as long as there are those "other" people out there with guns.....................I'll  keep mine handy.

one other thing Kenny,  people aren't stupid just because they disagree with you.  For someone who advocates peace and goods will so much of the time,  you sure don't mince on words when someone disagrees with you.  You really shouldn't call people stupid all the time,  that's getting kinda personal and past the issue being discussed.
Reply by KennyT, on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:29 pm
My logic is reversed eh? My logic is don't feed people guns and attempt to cut down the unneeded deaths of innocent people. You MMSH put forward the belief that the promotion of guns is good but you need to control the person holding it. Now I ask you whose logic is reversed?

As for the Liberal sledge the less said the better. It just reinforces the argument.
Reply by mild_mannered_super_hero, on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:25 am

KennyT wrote:
My logic is reversed eh? My logic is don't feed people guns and attempt to cut down the unneeded deaths of innocent people.

my county would have at least 1/2 households with gun ownership, the same would be true for my state. my county was voted "best place in rural america" to live in 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barren_County,_Kentucky

i can assure you that  violent crime in my state or county will be lower than where you live....pick a  per capita stastic : murder, assualt, robbery....and we will look up the FACTS and post them in this thread. i am not interested in your OPINION, since i am already familar with it. post some documented facts and we`ll see who`s right. is that agreeable ??
Reply by christiesdad, on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:18 am

KennyT wrote:
My logic is reversed eh? My logic is don't feed people guns and attempt to cut down the unneeded deaths of innocent people. You MMSH put forward the belief that the promotion of guns is good but you need to control the person holding it. Now I ask you whose logic is reversed?

As for the Liberal sledge the less said the better. It just reinforces the argument.

Tell it like it is..................exactly who is the "Liberal Sledge"?  or is that just any and all who disagree?

Must be a lot of respect, or maybe envy for the USA since so much attention is paid to it.
Reply by KennyT, on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:49 am
I think that you find that the stats for where I live would be a lot lower MMSH. But have we not digressed once again? We were (or so I stupidly thought) talking about another violent attack upon innocent people by someone armed with a gun. I would say the same about something that occurs here but it does not occur very often.

The Liberal sledge?? Just read it.I could have used right wing gun lobby but I chose not to. Have another read.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:41 am

KennyT wrote:
Then why are the vast majority of these things happening in America? .

Population of the United States of America = approx: 311, 591, 917

Population of Australia                             = approx:   22, 328, 800  

That could be why perhaps?

And innocent people do still get shot and killed here, thanks to the black market.

Personally I would prefer to be able to protect my home and family from invasion in any way I choose and not be prosecuted for doing so.
Reply by christiesdad, on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:14 am
OK,
     Let me back up a little.....................
Ken,  it is very thoughtful for you to express concern about the gun violence in America.
I am afraid though, that there really is no permanent fix for the delima.  Ever since man picked up a pointed stick and saw that it would be a better way to kill an animal for food, the act was to become an issue.  Then when he discovered that it was equally useful in dealing with his enemies, it really caught on.  The progression from the pointed stick to the vast array of sophisticated weaponery that exists today was a natural order of things.
     A hell of a way to run a ship, I'll admit,  but outlawing guns is not going to be an answer.   Guns are too easy to obtain, legally and otherwise.  As a matter of fact,  I just purchased a handgun and, I thought my duty was to register it with the local police department, so off I went.  I was told that the law no longer required registeration of guns.  All that was required was a back ground check at the point of purchase.  Now that blew my mind.
     Guns are an accepted part of our social structure.  The problem IS the owner, and I don't know what the solution to that is.  Perhaps none.  Especially, when we send our young people off to a foreign country with guns and tell them to kill our enemies.  Then when they do kill the same enemy  but the wrong person, we toss them under the bus.    But that's another subject, for another day,
     Again, most of us appreciate your view,  but disagree with your overall observation.
Reply by christiesdad, on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:19 am
Another thought,

Perhaps a law allowing only non-lethal ammo to be sold to citizens of any country?

Like the rubber bullets and tazers for hand guns, allowing lethal ammo for long guns?
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.