Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,179 members

Just Another Waste.

Go to page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted by mild_mannered_super_hero, on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:46 pm

KennyT wrote:
I am a Liberal and proud to be so.

Facts are that thousands upon thousands of people die each year at the end of some bullet fired upon them.

liberals kill more people each year than guns do...i can prove that statement too...... again, it will involve facts and logic so most lliberals "wont get it" but i`m game if you are, shall we put a wager on it to make it interesting??

Reply by mild_mannered_super_hero, on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Sinfulsot wrote:
we can have a healthy discussion as long as ppl are clear and concise.

but you have danced this dance before, yes?

kt and myself have this discussion every year...i think i  almost have him won over to my side............seroiusly, i enjoy a good debate...let the chips fall where they may. peace all

Reply by KennyT, on Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:12 pm
Ditto MMSH. Take care mate.

Reply by Past Member, on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:16 pm
my politics are a weird blend of conservative and liberal agendas...

Reply by candyzhu, on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:10 am
if this is about the trayvan williams shooting, then the suspect is definitely guilty of police interference and going beyond neighborhood watch duties.

In general, committing a crime with some sort of firearm should add more prison time.

Reply by Mrs.A, on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:48 pm

candyzhu wrote:
if this is about the trayvan williams shooting, then the suspect is definitely guilty of police interference and going beyond neighborhood watch duties.

In general, committing a crime with some sort of firearm should add more prison time.

How can someone post and have no profile?

Reply by KennyT, on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:10 pm
Just another waste today. I am dumbfounded at the stupidity and utter waste of human life and can only feel for the families of all those killed.

Those poor children going about their school day in all their innocence now not with us anymore. Now all these families are left to try to find a way to get through this and their lives will never be the same again. Why do these fools have to kill innocent people and not just themselves if they are that unhappy with their lot?

This is not a witch hunt but just pure abject grief at the senseless loss of life and the day these children lost not only their lives but their innocence.

Peace.

Reply by christiesdad, on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:58 pm
Kenny,
I think that this is one time when you and I are perfectly attuned.  This senseless act of brutality is unspeakable and leaves me with a sense of shame that I am a part of the society that spawned this animal.  Nothing to do with our gun control laws.  So lets not go there.  Let us just loathe together this terrible, terrible un-human person and what he has caused those poor families to endure.
God be with and bless all of them.

Reply by KennyT, on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:37 pm

May peace be with you all.

Reply by mild_mannered_super_hero, on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:03 pm

KennyT wrote:
Just another waste today. I am dumbfounded at the stupidity and utter waste of human life and can only feel for the families of all those killed.

Those poor children going about their school day in all their innocence now not with us anymore. Now all these families are left to try to find a way to get through this and their lives will never be the same again. Why do these fools have to kill innocent people and not just themselves if they are that unhappy with their lot?

This is not a witch hunt but just pure abject grief at the senseless loss of life and the day these children lost not only their lives but their innocence.

Peace.

i couldnt agree more, what a terrible tragedy. something is wrong with AMERICA.....and it doesnt have anything to do with guns. this counrty i love is not the same as it was when i was a child...... what a shame.

Reply by Mrs.A, on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:39 pm

Sinfulsot wrote:
gun control only prevents law abiding citizens from owning guns. if someone wants to shoot up a place and/or people (s)he is going to find one to shoot up said place and/or people.

Guns don't kill people; stupid m*th3rf#ck3rs with guns kill people.

Reply by christiesdad, on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:56 pm
I, as I said earlier, am in complete agreement with everybody.

However, on the fox news channel, they were commenting about not only this senseless tragedy but others around the world.  I never realized it before, but there have been similar acts in other countries as well.  I regret that I did not copy the names of the countrys nor the city.  But I was really taken aback when I heard what they were saying.  I too, thought that it was only in America.  Not so.  There was one in Stockholm, 80 or so people murdered, another in Russia, almost 100 murdered.  I do remember the athletes killed in Germany at the Olympics.  Is sad that it happens in America so often.  But we are not the only country that has to deal with the tragedy of such senseless killing.
Of course the number of victems makes it all the more atrocious--but if it were only one child..
it is still sickening.

Reply by mild_mannered_super_hero, on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:54 pm
i am going to add a little to this topic......after 9-11 we finally got the feds to go along with arming all {or most} airline pilots. how many plane hijacking have occured since?? the answer is NONE. is there any reason that every school principal in every school couldnt be instructed and then armed?? should the principal object on moral or religious grounds....then some one in authorityat the school could be . its foolish to continue allowing schools to be at the mercy of any wacko with a gun, knife, quart of gasoline or any other weapon he can improvise. had the sandy hook principal been trained and armed....this tradgedy could have been prevented or at least lessened. in every instance of this type, the killer carefully chooses a location where HE is the only one armed.

Reply by christiesdad, on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:08 pm
MMSH,  I do not disagree with you one bit.  There should be armed guards at the schools.  I know here in Florida, we have what they call "resource officers".  They stand at the main entance and when classes are in sessions they roam the school interior and the exterior.
The only thing that I see though is it is fine and should be handled by a trained gun handler.  Most of your school principals are not. Now I am not disparaging against the ladies here but I bet it would be hard to find a lady principal willing to carry a gun.

Besides there is enough  money wasted to place regular police officers in every school in the country.  Sounds whacky don't it?  What about the 150 billion that Alaska just received for hurricaine Sandy damage?  That would pay a lotta guards salaries. I believe the term is called "pork barrelling"

Oh, I think they put U,S, Marshals on the planes, didn't they?

Again, though I'm with you on this Buddie.

Reply by mild_mannered_super_hero, on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:15 pm

christiesdad wrote:

The only thing that I see though is it is fine and should be handled by a trained gun handler.  Most of your school principals are not. Now I am not disparaging against the ladies here but I bet it would be hard to find a lady principal willing to carry a gun.

there are no school shooting in israel.......i wonder why...???
Go to page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.