Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,329 members

Extension tubing for night drainage bags

Posted by Angelinthemaking, on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:15 pm
Hi, just looking for some info on this kind of thing.

I usually use Welland urostomy bags and Coloplast S5 night bags (the only ones I've found so far that don't look too medical!) and they just plug into the Welland. I'm looking for some kind of extension system to give me a bit more movement but the only thing the stoma nurses have come up with so far is 'piggy backing' two S5 bags together. They assure me that the top of one will fit into the bottom of another...but they don't!

Ideas? Experience?

Thanks guys!

Angelinthemaking
Reply by GA cyclops, on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:51 pm
Edgepark medical supply sells 5' lengths of tubing for night drainage systems, complete with a tapered connector on one end, which should allow you to connect 2 tubes together. The clear plastic tubing found in Home Depot and hardware stores is a bit too stiff, not flexible enough for comfortable use, in my opinion.

For night collection, I find that the Urocare brand high capacity bottle is the most practical. It has a large bottom area, hard to tip over, as well as a large opening and 5' of tubing. I've been using the same bottle for 2 years, just rinse it daily with vinegar, and bleach once a week. Here's a link -
Bottle - https://www.edgepark.com/shopcatalog/item/uc4100/urological/collection-systems/night-drainage
Tubing - https://www.edgepark.com/shopcatalog/item/uc6060/urological/collection-systems/night-drainage

Hope this helps.
Reply by Angelinthemaking, on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:25 am
Thank you for that GA...I like in the UK so probably won't follow that purchase route though...

My stoma nurse gave me a number of someone to ring who he swears knows everything there is to know about surgical supplies over here but I keep forgetting to ring it until I get into bed at night!

Angelinthemaking
Reply by Robinsa, on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:32 am
Hi. I use Coloplast Simpla Plus 21576 as it has a 120 cm very flexible tube. Hope this helps.
Reply by Angelinthemaking, on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:33 pm
Thanks Robinsa,

I know the ones you mean but I find the tube a bit 'crunchy' on the skin!

Gabi
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.