Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,328 members

Ileostomy / urostomy

Posted by Mickey, on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:12 pm
Hi all i have ileostomy since 1981 now i have been told i need a urostomy!.Has this happened to anyone else
Dwyer
Reply by CanadaNana, on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:15 pm
That's rough, Dwyer.  I only have the urostomy - ileal conduit.  I'm sure there are other "double baggers" out there, but you are likely in a fairly unique club.  Hope somebody with the experience you're looking for will reply.
I guess I'm being presumptuous about two bags.  Maybe you're going to be able to have the neobladder surgery?

Good luck to you.
Reply by irisheyes, on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:41 am
Hi it is common i am a urostomy and i work for the colostomy association volunteer and we are all ostomates and there are alot of double stoma patients that get their pouches / wafers through us so you are not alone Smile
Reply by Wifey01, on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:06 am
Hi. I also have an ileostomy and urostomy. I had my surgery in July 2011. Feel free to message me if you want to talk.
Reply by Re4n1m4t3d, on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:58 am
hey, ive had my double stomas for about 2 years now. i cant explain how hard it is. but im always willing to lend encouragement and support. find me if youd like to talk.
Reply by tatum, on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi can you email me re urostomy. As I have interstitial cystitis and considering urostomy. It is ****

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.