ConvaTec - Bathing
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Me+ Join Today

dating

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate
17,271 Members
Go to page: 1, 2  Next
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:50 pm
Single parent 27 years old had my ostomy since may think I need to start dating!
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:07 pm
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:06 pm
get out there and start,  and let the world see how beautiful you are,  you are ready,  good luck..  MIchael
Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:46 am
Thanks  Michael I'll try finger crossed ha
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:13 am
Don't give up on dating, I met my husband here 5 ago! He has a colostomy too. I have dated non-ostomates and having a bag wasn't a problem, just normal stuff.       Maggie
  Past Member
Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:43 pm
You look dateable to me...

Seriously, just be yourself and personally I would be upfront as possible about the ostomy just as you would be with being a single parent. That filters out the losers right away without any hurt feelings.

Good luck to you
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:18 pm
Thanks mtnbiker72. Still no dates had plenty of offers but I just say no think I need to date somebody in the same situation as me!
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:21 pm
Sophia Ive told my male friends about my bag and they said it would bother them but I just think I need to date someone the same as me first!
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:22 pm
ment to write wouldn't bother them
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:10 pm
"any Man or woman that would view one of us as a lesser person because of our Ostomy is obviously VERY shallow and obviously not good enough for us anyway" Wink

Ive been In 4 relationships in the 18 yrs since my surgery and I ended things each time, none of the Ladies had a problem what so ever with my bag. most of the time we are the with the problem of feeling different. I'll be the first to admit I've struggled with self esteem issues, but each time once i saw my partner didnt have an issues with it -then my issues went away.
  Past Member
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:33 pm
Hi jim, I hope you are doing great! You look great! I had a total colectomy 10 years ago that changed my life.For the last 10 years its been hard having to always make sure that a bathroom is always near by. I have kept busy raising my 15 year old daughter. The total colectomy has  always been a huge issue with being able to do everything I have always wanted to do with her.She will be finished school in 2 years. My doctor has told me for many year that I needed an illeostomy. I am planning on doing that this summer. I put it off because of self esteem issues and worrying about the bag and how it would make me feel and how any body else could deal with my bag. I am hoping to start my life over once my daughter graduates, My chance is only the illeosotomy. I need to get out of a bad marriage. I am hoping I will be able to work and live a life after surgery. it would be great to find someone with an illeostomy just like I would have, just seeing how great you look and fit you look is an encouragement to me because I want to be able tomcontinue my excercise routine after surgery. I hope you have a Blessed night!
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:39 am
Since you mention wanting to date someone in your situation, there is a site called ostodate.com I signed up a few days ago but I'm not paying.
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:25 am
So I said to this girl " Hey how about a date " she said " Sure , battle of Trafalgar 1805   !! "
Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:26 am
dont worry hun there are plenty of people in our situation that deal with this everyday  if i was closer id definately like to get to know you but would def like to sit as a penpal and possibly be friends
Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:28 am
hey hun dont get down on urself  ive had mine for only a month and i am totally fine with it now and always tell people if they cant handle me with it they cant deal with me without it  and there are no limitations to what u can do
Go to page: 1, 2  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.