Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,177 members

Cant Get Travel Insurance (crohn') And Ileostomy Ideas? Help

Posted by mooza, on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:37 am
Insurance for travelling overseas Cant get anytravel insurance am off to Malaysia in 9 days Oh I'm from Australia i also have a prob rite now with small (i think) blockage pain killers heat bag not working i didnt want to go away like this am stressing so no food for 3 days plenty of water .Was admitted to Hospital july for bowel obstruction for a week but i dont feel as bad as that any help would be appreciated i have so much scar tissue 8 ops. i want this to clear up like Now ..thanx to any replies mare mooza

Reply by Past Member, on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:58 pm
Why can't you get travel insurance, is it because of your ileostomy, never heard that before

Reply by Past Member, on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:46 am
Have you tried to get insurance through RACV and not through the travel agent (or any of the other companies not associated with the travel agent)?  I must admit I've never heard of not being able to get travel insurance because of a pre-existing condition.  I've never had a problem even with the insurance companies that operate with the travel agents (I always use Flight Centre).  After all this is Australia and we're fortunate enough here to get all our ostomy supplies for free (so we shouldn't have a problem with insurance).

I hope you feel well before and during (and after) your holiday (a few cocktails by the pool might do you good!) and have a blast in Malaysia Mooza.

Cheers ,

Jo

Reply by Ladehawke, on Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:07 pm
Don't know if this will help but here in Ontario, Canada I can only get insurance coverage for traveling from The Co-Operators. I haven't found any other company willing to cover me. I did have to fill out a questionnaire, but I didn't have any current issues, so I don't know what will happen if you do. You may still be denied, or maybe you'll just have to pay more, not too sure honestly. But see if you've got The Co-Operators there in Victoria and hopefully they'll be able to help ya out. Best of luck and enjoy your trip!

Reply by bettym, on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:19 am
hi try freedom insuarance they go through axa im herein uk but im sure they have sites in other countries to. they are pretty resonable in the price also weather a single trip or a yearly subscription hope this hels and enjoy ya time away x
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.