Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,247 members

Facebook

Posted by elisabeast, on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:19 pm

I really don\'t like getting Ostomy ads in my Facebook feeds...dirty buggers with their spying cookies...

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:42 pm

Easy fix.  When on Facebook, go to settings.  From there account settings; and click on Ads.  You will see a few choices but the one you want is \"Ads based on your use of websites or apps off of Facebook.\"  Once you go there, click on \"Digital Advertising Alliance\" if you are in the USA or one of the other choices for other countries...  Follow the instructions and you are set.  Be advised that you might have to do this several times when more ads start to show up.

Reply by thomas26, on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Thanks for your post, a great help

Reply by elisabeast, on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:40 pm

Thank you.  I didn't like those ads.   I didn't need the reminder every time I went into Facebook that I have a colostomy...  The Facebook page sent me to http://youradchoices.ca/choices to opt out.

Reply by WOUNDED DOE, on Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Thanks wendeehart!!  That is really good to know Smile

I deactivated my facebook for now,.....miss everyone but did it for security reasons.....but next time I'm on I will remember that....... ( I hope I'll remember, I'm gettin' Old-Lady Brain, lol )

~Everybody's sistah Doe

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.