Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,247 members

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Past Member
Posted by Past Member, on Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:52 pm
To all my feelow Ostomates, Wishing you and your Families a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving, and many more to come.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:06 pm
right back at ya... i would add... dont spend so much time adding up your troubles...that you forget to count your blessings!!! peace all......
Reply by WOUNDED DOE, on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:15 pm
Happy Thanksgiving Bobby and MildMannered...and everyone!! SmileSmile  We do have much to be thankful for, even with all the unpleasant things we deal with in our lives.  I, for one, am thankful for making friends here and getting to know you all, truly.  Have a safe, happy and healthy Holiday! SmileSmile  ~Your Doe
Reply by gutenberg, on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:17 pm
That's a terrific adage for any time of year, MMSH.
Reply by devilishjim, on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:46 pm
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Jim and Sue
Reply by TexasGirl, on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:29 am
There is so much to be thankful for and even the difficulties in life can bring blessings!  May all of you have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!  
Reply by LovingLife2, on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:01 am
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I'll be busy today getting everything ready.
Some of the grandkids arrived last nite and the rest are coming today. Good thing we got a big house, hehee
Have a great day.
Reply by WOUNDED DOE, on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:25 pm
Oh gosh the mention of having people over for Thanksgiving...I love it....I MISS that so much...

Many and many a year ago when I was married (was married for 10 years) I am the one who had the Holiday feasts, everyone collected at our house and I loved it sooooo much.  I remember preparing for days, cooking and baking....always had both stoves going on the big day, both the old South Bend wood cook stove from the 1800's (like Lily Munster had LOL) and my regular gas stove too...I'd have a big ham in the wood stove and the turkey in the gas stove...and of course the two stove tops to prepare all the fixin's and side dishes....and then having sleepy company draped like noodles across the furniture after the meal ...how wonderful.  

Funny how there was so much hyper activity and loud chatter and laughter BEFORE the meal.....then after, nuttin' but a tired and content collection of couch potatoes and not much more to hear except the sounds of the flickering television lol.  And I always made enough food to send plates home with everyone, everything from the turkey and ham and the big kettles of gravy I would make from them to the sweetpotatoes, mashed taters, mountain of stuffing and corn, pumpkin pies, cookies, cranberry sauce, bean casserole, homemade breads, muffins, etc. etc.

Fond memories, indeed.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:14 pm
Happy Thanksgiving one and all!!!  
Even though  I'm  an Australian would like to join in the celebrations  because  one year ago today had my ileostomy and ever since  have never  been as  happy,  healthy or thankful to  be here!!!
Cheers all!!!

Last edited by Past Member on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply by lazymule, on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm
Wow,I thougth we only did it up like that way down here in the deep south. All that good food sounds delicious and tomorrow is the day. All i have to worry about is keeping myself from overeating and feeling like a you know what! Happy Thanksgiving from Lazymule.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:49 am
Twas The Night Of Thanksgiving,
But I Just Couldn't Sleep.
I Tried Counting Backwards,
I Tried Counting Sheep.

The Leftovers Beckoned -
The Dark Meat And White,
But I Fought The Temptation
With All Of My Might.

Tossing And Turning With Anticipation,
The Thought Of A Snack Became Infatuation.
So, I Raced To The Kitchen, Flung Open The Door,
And Gazed In The Fridge, Full Of Goodies Galore.
Gobbled Up Turkey And Buttered Potatoes,
Pickles And Carrots, Beans And Tomatoes.

I Felt Myself Swelling So Plump And So Round,
'til All Of A Sudden, I Rose Off The Ground.
I Crashed Through The Ceiling, Floating Into The Sky,
With A Mouthful Of Pudding And A Handful Of Pie.
But, I Managed To Yell As I Soared Past The Trees....
Happy Eating To All - Pass The Cranberries, Please.

May Your Stuffing Be Tasty,
May Your Turkey Be Plump.
May Your Potatoes 'n Gravy Have Nary A Lump.
May Your Yams Be Delicious.
May Your Pies Take The Prize,
May Your Thanksgiving Dinner Stay Off Of Your Thighs!!
Reply by WOUNDED DOE, on Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:11 am
OMG J. Maree!!  That was FANTASTIC!!! LOL!!!
Reply by Scouserlad, on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:21 pm
HEY GUYS AND GALS!!

Happy Thanksgiving froma very cold and wet Liverpool in the UK
Site Admin
Reply by administrator, on Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:06 pm
Happy Thanksgiving to all from the team at MeetAnOstoMate.com!
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:40 pm
[quote=", everything from the turkey and ham and the big kettles of gravy I would make from them to the sweetpotatoes, mashed taters, mountain of stuffing and corn, pumpkin pies, cookies, cranberry sauce, bean casserole, homemade breads, muffins, etc. etc.
[/quote]

Dear Doe,
Still thinking/dreaming    about that food!!!(sure I must have been an American    in a previous life!!!).  
Hope y'all are having/had an excellent one!!!
Cheers,
  Jo  
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.