Meet and talk to 20,116 OstoMates

Photos

Posted by gutenberg, on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:22 pm
would some kind hearted soul help in my quest to post a picture in a post. a step by step idiot proof instruction that I could print out would really, really, be appreciated. Thanks Ed.

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:18 pm
well ed. it not to hard if you use a "photo hosting" service such as   www.photobucket.com
there are others but most function in a simular fashion. you must sign up for an account with them but at last look it was free.

1. save the photo you wish to post to your computer, a common place is "my photos" folder.

2 . log in to your "photobucket acct....and "upload" the photo there.

3. click on the photo on photobucket.... there is a little box that says...generate html code, select that.

4. now comes the the tricky part... the "code" will be a string of letter/numbers that have no meaning to you and do NOT look like a photo!! there are a few options...but select the "images for message boards".

5. when you click over the code...it will turn{blue i think"}... now put your mouse over the blue "code" and and right click....a menu appears...select "copy"

6. now the image code is "trapped"{dont know how} in your mouse.

7. exit photobucket..log on ostomate...put your written part of the post in as normal.
space over a bit ...the little cursor{blinky thing} is clear of your written words...so right click your mouse... click "paste"...this opens the "trap" and puts the "code" {it will not look like a photo} on the page.

8. now dont alter the code by backspacing or anything...click submit at the bottom as in a normal post...

the photo "should" show up when you view the post... if not.... a few select cuss words..and try again!!!  lol...if u have trouble with any step just holler back at me. regards G.

Reply by lottagelady, on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:41 pm
Blimey - I've just learned how to do it and it wasn't as complicated as that?

I upload the photos onto www.photobucket.com as G says, then all I do is click onto the photo I want in the album once uploaded, once that single photo is showing on its own on the page I right click, select 'copy', then go back to this site, put the cursor where I want the photo and paste it onto my post by pressing 'control and v' ...... does that make sense? R x

Reply by gutenberg, on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:45 pm
MMSH: many thanks my friend, I appreciate the time you took on my request. First things first, got to copy and print, with my memory its really necessary. A few years back I was able to do this in e-mails, no more though. Again thanks. Ed

Reply by gutenberg, on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:52 pm
I guess I'd better look up this photo bucket thingy so I can understand what I should be doing. Thanks again. Ed

Site Admin
Reply by administrator, on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:46 pm
Hey Ed,

Admin is jumping here . There is an easier way, right here from the forum. When you make a post in the Forum (where you type your post), you need to click on the 'paper clip' button, the 5th button on the lower row. This will allow you to upload a picture to your post. Please make sure the picture is not bigger than 800 width X 1067 height pixels.

Hope this helps.

Reply by gutenberg, on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:49 pm
THANKS ALL for your input, I went to photobucket thingy and got lost, but I'm now a member. Anyway I started checking properties on a couple of the pictures and they exceed the max in one way or another. also made use of my printer, with a memory like mine, oh yeah. Ed

Reply by lottagelady, on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:40 am
Hi Ed, I've just tried that one from admin, and it is very easy!

Do you know  who holds the highest position in the  world?

President  Barack Obama? Nope.
Pope  Benedict? Nope.
The Dalai  Lama? Nope.

Do you want  to see WHO that person is ?  

Until  Now....

Babu Sassi,  a fearless young man from southern India  ,
is the cult  hero of Dubai 's army of construction workers.  

Known as the "Indian on the top of the  world",

Babu is the  crane operator at the world's tallest building,  the 819-meter Burj Dubai.

His office,  the cramped crane cab perched on top of the Burj,  is also his home.

It takes  too long to come down to the ground each day to  make it worthwhile -
although,  when the building is completed, its elevators will  be the world's fastest.

Stories about  his daily dalliance with death are discussed in  revered terms by Dubai 's workers.

Some say he  has been up there for more than a year,  
others  whisper that he's paid 30,000 dirhams ($8,168) a  month
compared  with the average wage of 800 dirhams a month.  

But everyone agrees, he's worth it  -

because  nobody else would have the courage to do the job!  

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:26 am

administrator wrote:
There is an easier way, right here from the forum. When you make a post in the Forum (where you type your post), you need to click on the 'paper clip' button, the 5th button on the lower row. This will allow you to upload a picture to your post

oh sure....you could do it the easy way...where`s the sport in that??..............lol
thanks admin...sorry ed, i led you on a chase.... i learned something today!!!........

Reply by gutenberg, on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:13 pm
MMSH: I'm glad you learned something, I'm still stuck when that window drops down, I've clicked on the Pix and get a message; Pleas upload file with extension gif, jpg or png and the pix I clicked on is a jpg, I'll have to get a tutor in. Oh, the shame of it all

Reply by gutenberg, on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:24 pm
Hey there Lottagelady, that was some picture, reminds me of a documentary I watched on the building of the Three Gorges Dam and they were shooting the crane when the operator showed up, blew me away, this tiny Chinese lady started her climb up that sucker. I can only imagine the pressure having to drop tons of cement around the heads of those workers and they had complete faith in her. Mother of Buddha don't miss.

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:17 pm
well i be danged....works for me .... notice the surprised look on my face!!!  are you trying to post a photo from your camera..or one from the web?? i resize my photos with the "program" that came with the camera. did you try that???

Reply by gutenberg, on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:57 pm
MMSH: Most of the pictures I've tried to upload came from my camera. My daughter posted the pictures for my profile without too much trouble but a few days ago she tried and got the same results as I am getting. A lot of my pixs only have a date on them. Ikeep getting this message, Please upload your file with image extension gif jpeg etc.
Is it necessary to get a picture by using browse as I already have My Pictures open?

Is that really you MMSH?

Reply by gutenberg, on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:16 pm
at least we
are getting
somewhere!

Reply by gutenberg, on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:48 pm
Go to page: 1, 2  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.