Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,316 members

A song for us all.....

Posted by vulcanBMk2, on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:34 pm

Reply by vulcanBMk2, on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:42 pm

Reply by vulcanBMk2, on Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm

& there's more ...anybody want to join in  with teir Fav's ??? & know it doesn't have to be Rock N Roll ...

Reply by vulcanBMk2, on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:50 am

Reply by vulcanBMk2, on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:39 pm

Reply by vulcanBMk2, on Sun May 01, 2016 4:28 pm

Sun
Reply by Sun, on Sun May 01, 2016 7:38 pm

A gem!

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sun May 01, 2016 8:56 pm

vulcanBMK2--gotta say--your choice of music is exceptional.  It makes me smile and remember younger years,  And Rock and Roll it is....

Peace

Nancy

Reply by vulcanBMk2, on Mon May 02, 2016 5:31 am

I have an eclectic taste in music& have seen fads come & go .....In my younger days  my main influences were  The Everley Brothers , The Beach Boys , Del Shannon & Bob Dylan ....I have music on big Vynil  , small Vinyl , Tape , memeory stick & card....BUT !! I find it also easy to download from You Tube ...Cant please everyone ....But keep checking back for your favourite  or post up one of yours   ( It'll take your mind off things )

Reply by vulcanBMk2, on Mon May 02, 2016 3:25 pm

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue May 03, 2016 1:50 pm

vulcanBMk2      I'm truly technilogically challenged, but I've got one for you to look up.  It's called "Enjoy Yourself, it's later than you think"  originally by Lous Prima.  It always reminds me to live for today, a hard learned lesson, having lost two of six sisters in law within the past 14 months, with one more hanging on with stage four pancreatic cancer, another with heart disease, one with breast cancer and the last with Crohn's !!  My husband is the only male in the family.  Losses such as these do tend to put things in perspective.  When I played this song at the first wake,  there was horror and strong looks until I tempered it with Warren Zevon's "keep me in your heart for awhile"  These two songs were used in (of all places!) a TV program a few years back, and they struck a chord with me.  At this point they have sorta become  family anthems.

In my younger years, I leaned towards rock and roll with lots of folk (my dad called me his hippie child) and I tended to really appreciate female artists i.e. Linda Rondstadt, Carole King, Carly Simon, Joni Mitchell, Sheryl Crow and the like, because I am really into lyrics, but in truth I  always have been and will die a DEADHEAD.

Peace

Nancy

Reply by vulcanBMk2, on Tue May 03, 2016 2:08 pm

& now for a special request  from a special Forum memeber dadnabbit !!   Lois Prima .....Take it away .....

Last edited by vulcanBMk2 on Tue May 03, 2016 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply by vulcanBMk2, on Tue May 03, 2016 2:18 pm

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue May 03, 2016 2:33 pm

vulcanBMk2       THANK YOU, THANK YOU,  unfortunately the Louis Prima song is not playing on the site but the choice of Neil Young was a GREAT addition , so again thank you for the smile

Peace

Nancy

Reply by vulcanBMk2, on Tue May 03, 2016 2:40 pm

Hey Nancy I just posted up Another version of Enjoy !! Just see if it works ??  Its in the same slot as the last one ... Regards Pete !!

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.