Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,168 members

O.k....so What Did You Cook Today?

Posted by mark, on Tue May 09, 2006 3:58 pm
Hi All.

OK. I finished work about 5 PM, headed right back home, took my car and the portable gas grill and off to the park. So.....I am at the park, fired up the gas grill and threw some chicken breasts on it. I also brought some yellow crook neck squash, zucinni, golden potatoes, carrots and such ... I decided to cook the chicken breasts (sear and seal in the moistness, then add the veggies in a covered pan). I added a good amount of spices which I thought would spark the taste buds and it actually came out fairly good, if I do say so myself.

((((I love to cook and experiment with cooking. I was reared in an environment of great cooks, cook-outs and culinary tastes from curry to plain old Southern Bar-B-Que.))))

So what the heck, thought I would start a thread about what this is about! LOL......"can't hurt nothing, right?"

later gator.....

Reply by tarababy, on Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:11 am
Hi there Mark, well what you had sounded very nice indeed.Dont do BBQ's myself...Dont see the point with just one person.I do love eating though,and mostly anything hot and spicy.Chilli is my favourite still,nothing beats that burn and the rush you get.Also a big fan of asian noodle soups,yum.Liver,bacon and eggs and gravy is the breakfast of kings.Chilli-tomato-garlic made into a thick soup and then cook mussles..Hotter the better
  Was waiting to see what anyone else ate,but been a long wait...  cheers for now..Tarababy

Reply by erika, on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:30 am
hi tara you like lots of different foods, im afraid my taste in food is boring, i dont like chilli  2 hot 4 me  must have a sensitive mouth  lol.dont like mussells or much shellfish  ie lobster crab etc. i like a nice roast spuds and little bit of veg  i like brussell sprouts but darent have them much asit gives me wind and blows my bad up a bit! my weakness im afraid is my sweet tooth chocolate apple crumble etc all things wot r bad 4 me .well its sat afternoon here in england just had a small portion of good old cod and chips after morning at work  bye 4 now  erika

Reply by meglb, on Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:32 pm
i am a carnivore-steak, hamburg,ribs..Had steak in a new restaurant the other night,  they cooked it it in Frangelico hazlenut liquer,it was the best sirloin steak i ever had! Unfortunately you can never duplicate it at home. never tastes the same. I know i should eat more fish but...I gotta go--i need a hamburger right now!

Reply by tarababy, on Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:16 pm
Hi Guys,Erika you cant beat a  feed of fish and chips or a good sunday roast, and meglb , ribs....bring em on..Have always wanted to try the yanks ribs.Not a big fan of that Frangelico,taste like a flower should.PLus I tried to get drunk on it yrs ago...Eww!!And for the sweet tooth, yeah chocolates,lots...and my favourite dessert would be a Caramel Tart.Drooling thinking about it.Not fussed on fruit cooked in food,so I'm always the odd one out at xmas and handing back my pudding.Will pick the fruit out first...lol.
Thanks for sharing,take it easy ....Tara

Reply by vulcanBMk2, on Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:02 am
I couldn't be bothered Cooking--- Went to the Local Indian Take-Away & got us... Chicken Dhansak... Chicken Korma.... Arabian Rice... Nann Bread & a couple ofPoppedoms......Swilled down with a Bottle of Pils Larger... I just felt lazy...................... Cool

Reply by tarababy, on Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:54 am
Ok, well I love cooking,specially if I know whoever is eating it is enjoying it.If its just me,well then I have to be in the mood...But I have always been a huge fan of chilli,anything hot and spicy is my favourite.
   Today I had a fish wing and seafood stick- noodle & vegie soup...lots of chilli...But the main ingredient is the fish wing.....The sweetest and juiciest part of the fish....My soups are to die for.....well me and my friends think so...some minus the extra chilli...Anyway,my main diet is the seafood-diet....See- food and eat it.... later folks Cool

Reply by Mike, on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:05 pm

meglb wrote:
i am a carnivore-steak, hamburg,ribs..Had steak in a new restaurant the other night,  they cooked it it in Frangelico hazlenut liquer,it was the best sirloin steak i ever had! Unfortunately you can never duplicate it at home. never tastes the same. I know i should eat more fish but...I gotta go--i need a hamburger right now!
I threw a rost in the crock pot to have later smells good
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.