Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,310 members

St. paddies day joke

Posted by mild_mannered_super_hero, on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:08 pm
Reply by iMacG5, on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:57 pm

Hey MMSH, that's funny as hell.  Is it a true story?

Mike

Reply by mild_mannered_super_hero, on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:43 pm
iMacG5 wrote:

Is it a true story?

Mike

mike, if it aint, it outta belaughing

Reply by NJ Bain, on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:36 am

*laughing hysterically*  That.....was fockin brilliant!

Reply by thisgirlyisbusyliving, on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:46 am

Bahahaha! Good one!

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:28 am

The first straight catheter was discovered for real by an Irish gent. He would go to the pub drink his pints wearing his Irish cap with a feather on the side.  Pinned behind the  feather was a small straight catheter.  He could drink his friends under the table. Yes, this is true not Irish folk lore. He discovered the straight catheter at its beginning.

Reply by pemen64, on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:29 pm

thanks for that, I will make sure I am tied down when I go for drink or two.

Reply by Lemonlimeviolet, on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:47 pm

It feels so dang good to laugh this hard! Thank you!!!

Reply by mild_mannered_super_hero, on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:57 pm

thanks all for the replies, so glad you enjoyed it.

Reply by magoo, on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:12 am

I'm Irish and I have to say that one cracked me up   !!!  By the way..the moniker "Paddy" was always considered a serious insult in modern Ireland ...a bit like "Wetback" or "Cracker" . However on Paddy's Day ....Everyone gets a " Get out of Jail Free Card " in honor of St Paddy lol !!

Going to pass that one on to many others on my list .   Thanks, I needed a laugh.

It's an insult unless your name actually IS Paddy !!  haha !

Reply by magoo, on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:13 am

I'm Irish and I have to say that one cracked me up   !!!  By the way..the moniker "Paddy" was always considered a serious insult in modern Ireland ...a bit like "Wetback" or "Cracker" . However on Paddy's Day ....Everyone gets a " Get out of Jail Free Card " in honor of St Paddy lol !!

Going to pass that one on to many others on my list .   Thanks, I needed a laugh.

It's an insult unless your name actually IS Paddy !!  haha !

Reply by Primeboy, on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:53 pm

Good one, Gerald.  Magoo, "Cead mile failte!" As another proud Narrowback, I learned long ago that no one can really insult the Irish for being Irish. There is an old saying somewhere in the Bible: "If you're lucky enough to be born Irish, you're lucky enough."  

Call me "Paddy" anytime.  

PB

Reply by mild_mannered_super_hero, on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:25 am

john, magoo, thanks for the replies!

Reply by iMacG5, on Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:04 pm

Cead mile failte to all of you.  Not sure what it means but I think it's good.  I looked through the entire bible for PB's reference but was unable to find it.  My bible is difficult to understand.  It's in Polish.

Na zdrowie,

Mike

Reply by DonBrown1943, on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:03 pm

Since Ireland as a nation did not exist when the Bible was compiled, I doubt that statement is actually a quote. But I would be willing to bet that it is handwritten in the front or back of some Bibles, especially if they belong to Irish people.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.