ConvaTec - Less Effort More Ease
ConvaTec - Less Effort More Ease
ConvaTec - Search All Things Ostomy
Meet and talk to 18,833 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 18,833 OstoMates.
Not your typical ostomy website. See why

Kidney infection

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi, I have had bladder problems since birth, I have had so many operations to try and fix the problem. I had my bladder removed November last year. Since having my bladder removed I have had two kidney infections and having sepsis. Both times had to be admitted to southmead hospital and have to stay in for 1- 2 weeks. Does any one have the same problems and know what I can do to try and prevent them happening. I at my wits end please could some one be able to help me try and sort these infections happening. Thank you all 

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:46 pm

I had my bladder removed in 2010.  I have experienced infections.  I try to not let my bag get too full by emptying often.  I try to limit stress, and not get overtired and allowing the immune system to be overcome.  I always use an overnight bag when lying down.  If I feel an infection coming on, a slight fever, back pain, dizzy, I immediately begin an antibiotic and contact my dr.  With no bladder these infections will not resolve by themselves.  I hope this helps.  Good luck to you.

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:39 am

Hi 

Thank you for your kind message, that has helped me a great deal. I am still trying to get to grips with my stoma, I had my bladder removed in November last year.

Since I have had my bladder out I have had pneumonia , then a kidney infection that led to sepsis, and now I am back in with sepsis again. 

You have helped me a lot with what you have told me. 

Thank you so much you are a diamond

Dean 

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.