ConvaTec - Less Uncertainty More Flexibility
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
ConvaTec - Me+ Join Today
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Join Me+ Now
Advertisement
ConvaTec - request sample
Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate
The best place to meet and talk to other OstoMates with 17,396 Members.

Convatec - New pouch closure system

Go to page: 1, 2  Next
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:49 pm

Any thoughts?

Mike

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:44 am

Mike,

What new pouch closure system?  Did you have a link before?  The administrator may have removed it.

Bain

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi Bain.  Convatec 416418 pouch had a velcro-type closure similar to that illustrated in the add that usually appears on this site.  Now it's about 3/4 that length and uses an additional flap that becomes the velcro type closure.  I'll try to send a picture.

Mike

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:28 pm

Sorry Bain.  I took a photo of the old and new pouches next to each other, identified them then attempted to include them in a reply.  I'm using a MAC and it won't let me paste it in.  I only spent several hours trying to do this.  I'm going to take a nap now.
Mike

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:58 pm

So now I'm about to panic.  Why can't I put a photo in my reply?  I'm not a computer scientist but I've been pretty capable with most formats.  I even used some sophisticated equations to determine flight trajectory and distance of a golf ball off a 4 iron swung at 96 mph at twilight at 42 degrees latitude without wind and no beer in the cooler.  Maybe someone could offer advice.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:34 pm

Mike,

I have to ask the obvious by starting at the smallest thing first during trouble shooting, but did you use the "Insert" or "Upload" links at the top of the reply window?  If so, what picture format are you using?  Or tell  me step by step what you are doing?

Being a PC guy, I'm just going to blame the iMac....lol.....just kidding.

Bain

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi Bain.  

I tried  "Insert/edit link", "Insert/edit image" and "Upload an image".  The picture formats were from iPhoto, word or pages and I used .JPEG or .pages  after the name POUCH.  

Thanks for trying to help.  I'm really frustrated by this.

Mike

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Mike,

I was going to say if you have a link to a page that shows the pic, you could do that.  I went to edgepark's site and found this pic  after doing a search for that product number but not sure if its the same one.  I copied the image and then saved it in paint in jpeg format.  Then used the upload feature.  Personally, I don't trust the velcro enclosure as I'm biased on using clips.  And I'm not sure I could drain the pouch the same way as I fold the end like a sleeve when I drain.  Keeps from getting waste on the exposed part of the pouch when the clips are closed.  Just my 2 cents.

ConvaTec Natura® + Drainable Pouch with InvisiClose® Tail Closure System, 1-3/4" Flange, Transparent

Box of 10 EA
Item # 51416418
HCPCS Code: A5063
Manufacturer: CONVATEC

The InvisiClose® clipless tail closure offers double security, ease of drainage, comfort and cleanliness. The easy to open outlet end strips and tail design help control flow and reduce splashing. The locking mechanism is enhanced by an additional security flap for added peace of mind. The advanced air filter is designed to let gasses through while repelling liquids.

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:59 pm

Hey Bain, the excellent photo you sent showed the old style velcro-type closure. The description also mentioned the improved filter system. So I called Convatec, spoke with a very personable and knowledgeable Cardinal fan name Rachael in St. Louis. Together we looked at the catalog and recognized it had not been updated to show the new closure and it’s reference to a filter is misleading. So, Rachael is happy, the maketing department has some work to do, I still can’t put the photo in the reply but I’m still OK with the iMac, for now. I’ll send the link when Convatec updates.
Thanks so much.
Mike

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:59 pm

Mike, I use Convatec new type closure pouches. I have used both types, but I have severe arthritis in both hands and cannot do the clasp closure. The Velcro type is much easier to open and close but a real bear to keep clean. All things considered, I still choose the new Convatec over anything else I have tried.

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi Don.  Glad to read your comment.  Convatec has been good for me and their people have been terrific.

Thank you,

Mike

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:49 pm

Don,

I agree with you completely. The new velcro system is almost impossible to clean and as a consequence takes too damn long to close. If you're in any kind of rush then forget it. I still prefer and use the open end with the clip. I feel much safer with it. With the velcro, I always had the feeling that it would give way and open.

X_

Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:03 pm

OK, so here's a picture of the pouches.  The new ones tend to leak a little. I use a about 18 drops of M9 deodorant in addition to a little Adapt lubricant/deodorant.  Never had a problem with the old style closures.

Mike

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:47 pm

Hey Don, I made a small modification and it seems to have worked very well.  I took a piece of thin, fairly flexible teflon about 1/2" by 3 1/4 " (1.25 by 8 cm) and laid it on the very first fold.  I then continued the closure like always and never leaked a drop.  Hope this makes sense.

Mike

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:43 am

Mike, that's a very good idea and I can see why it would work. Ingenuity and experimentation like this can eventually solve almost any problem. Good thinking!

Go to page: 1, 2  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.