ConvaTec - Less Uncertainty More Flexibility
ConvaTec - Less Uncertainty More Flexibility
ConvaTec - Join Me+ Now
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Join Me+ Now
Advertisement
ConvaTec - request sample
Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate
The best place to meet and talk to other OstoMates with 17,423 Members.

Prayers for a fellow ostomate

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Hey everyone.  I wanted to let the ostomates I usually chat with know that I'm safe and sound in Alaska visiting for Thanksgiving with family.

I also wanted to share a post with you for one of our fellow ostomates.  Her name is Allie, aka Tink75.  She will be undergoing surgery today to remove what seems to be a leftover piece of a failed j-pouch construction.  I asked her permission if I could make this post for her.

She is deathly scared because the chances of surviving the surgery are not very good as she is battling cancer at the same time.  The surgery is extensive and she will be put into a medically induced coma.

I just wanted to request to the ostomy family here that you say a little prayer for her.  She will have a hard recovery after the surgery.  I keep telling her she'll be fine but we all know the fear of surgery is overwhelming and the chance of death is always there.  You don't have to post unless you want to, but do say a prayer for her.  I will update this post as soon as I know more information.

And I know this isn't an international holiday but I want to wish each and everyone of you a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.  Take care everyone!!

Bain

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:21 am

Hello Bain.

Thanks for your post, which has prompted my thoughts to be with Allie at this difficult time.

Best wishes

Bill

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:38 am

My thoughts and prayers are with Allie at this time.,

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:21 pm

Hi all

I just wanted to thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I have survived the surgery but am not out of the woods. I am currently in the icu...and am having a lot of complications. Please continue with your prayers...either bain or i will update you as things happen.

Thanks again

Tink

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:48 pm

Continued thoughts and prayers..

hang in there....

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:40 am

Hey all,

Back from Alaska.  A visit is never long enough and I never thought I would say this but it was good to get back to New Jersey...lol

I've kept in contact with Miss Allie and her primary care nurse.  She crashed a few days ago and they brought her back.  She seems to be in good spirits all things considered.  I know she's tired of being in the hospital as we all know what that's like.  Your continued prayers are appreciated.

Bain

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:56 pm

This is for Tink75 with thanks to NJ Bain, for notifying us, and upedating all of us...

Dear Allie,   You are in our thoughts and prayers,   for continued recovery, and batter health...     It's difficult to be stuck in the hospital, but stay as long as you need to , so that when you come home, you will be strong enough to manage on your own.....

Best Regards.....   Marsha   

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:54 am

Hey Allie,

Our thoughts and prayer are with you. Think positive, you'll get out of the hospital and have a strong recovery. Put your trust in God, with Him nothing is impossible. We're thinking of you and looking forward to hear from you soon.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.