Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone

I am a 53-year-old Female

I am a 55-year-old Male
Meet and talk to 20,078 OstoMates

Preliminary Job Interview Tomorrow

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:40 am
I rang a security company only 15 minutes from home this afternoon to say g;day and let them know i had finished my pre licence security course. They visited the training group where we were being taught and expressed an interest in us going for a "chat". So I rang them and I have a prelim interview tomorrow. Now the thing is they understand that I still have 6 weeks or so before I receive my licence yet are still willing to talk employment. So wish me luck as I head towards starting my new career.
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:01 am
Oh Gus .... wishing you luck, luck, luck, luck - can't find any of the emoticons you use so words will have to do!

Rachel xxxxxxxxxxx
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:58 am
Good luck with job Interview Mate!!---Seems like we have both done similar jobs ( Proffesional  Big Vehicle driving)  & now Security.

Many years ago I started as a Mobile Dog Patrol man with a UK National security company. I later got promoted to Senior Controller & then Night Manager.

We did Mobile Patrols,Static guards, CIT " Cash In Transit", Data Runs, & Blue Light runs: ( Live human organs , accompanied by a Police car)---

It was good fun , sometimes a little lonely, & we had a big turn over of staff as the wages were not that good.However I enjoyed it, as I was fit and a lot younger then.

Anyway best wishes & I hope it all goes well for you....Cheers...Pete.
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:27 am
Thansk Rach and Pete

I enjoyed the trainign for sure learning wht rights we have , powers of arrest etc. And the weird thing is I havent been near a truck in 6 weeks and I haven't missed it at all. I will start out working at clubs and sporting and cultural events, then move onto night patrols,, I would like to eventually work with dogs,, do the electronic stuff EG ATm's and alarms,, with my eventual goal of getting a bachelors degree in security,, Sounds weird but we can do one. I just started learning Eskrima which is a Filipino martial art and I think it will really help with the club situations. Check it out on the web if you don't know what it is. its fascinating.  Thanks again my friends,, talk soon

Steve
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:35 am
I had a Multi handler German Shepherd Dog called Zoro.......Not a great deal  of use...He must have been the only Guard dog in the world that was afraid of the dark...LOL !!
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:51 am
Ah a good dog then lol
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:04 am

I'll let you borrow my Compton Basset - he is very fierce as you can see ....... xxx
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:56 am
Rachel, what a lovable creature!  Bet you two get along like a house afire!  Gus, best wishes at your interview.  Remember, if your gun doesn't work, pull out your sword and brandish it about!
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:55 am
GUS!!!!
I'm so proud of you!!!
You be safe and if need be, only if absolutely necessary, utilize your sword.
It IS like a weapon of mass descruction, so please, for God's sake, be careful with it!!! LIVES DEPEND ON YOU!!!  

In all seriousness, you will do great and I am proud of you! Just be careful!

Love ya, hannah banana
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:23 pm
Yo Gus: its hard to do this without being a smart ass but we wish you all the best in your new endeavor, just behave yourself.
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:26 pm
Gus, I have a good feeling you will get the job,  How could anyone turn you down?
Hey Rachel love your pup,  I have a lab & a beagle my pappy use to same you shouldn't trust anyone who doesn't like dogs hee! hee!
eddie
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:09 am
Well. it went well, fro, what was said I,m now on the books. So for the next 6 weeks till I get my licence I have to train 2 days a week, from 12 - 5 pm. Things like how to talk to people, how to remove drunk and quarrlesome clients from pubs and clubs,, how to restrain a violent person and take downs,,, so it should be interesting. I felt like the old man amongst the young blokes though but then I have the smarts over them lol,,
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:05 am
Well done that man! So pleased for you ...... xxx
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.