Interested in meeting or talking to: Female

I am a 57-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female

I am a 65-year-old Female
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone
Meet and talk to 20,105 OstoMates

First Day Back At Work

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:57 am
So, today, I went back to work for the first time since 19 October 2009.

I am back at work for 4 1/2 hr shifts for the first month and we will see how that goes beforw they increase me back to normal 8.5 hrs.
It went really well. I enjoyed it very much. No issues with the ostomy at all. No need to burp it but once and no visits to the potty either.

The only issue I had was one stupid guy who demanded to know where I had been! lol He isn't a friend so I wasn't going to tell him what happened so I was trying to make small talk and divert his questions...here's how it went..
"So, hannah, where have YOU been??"..."On extended vacation, I see...man, it must be nice to take a long vacation.."...I said, "Oh, yeah, I was gone a while...had to take some time off..."..."HA HA..yeahhhh a long vacation..like I said, must be nice to get to sit home and do nothing.." I had FINALLY had enough, so I leaned in and said, "Yeah, it WAS one helluva vacation, almost dying AND having half of my colon removed...I got you a t shirt..."
....EFFING IDIOT..lol...I was trying to avoid anyone hearing anything at all but he kept pushing and pushing...what was the point of that??

Gus
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:29 am
Hey Hannah
I,m glad it went well. Take it easy though i know first hand how easy it is to do too much too soon. As for the idiot well what can I say,, you will get them every where. I had one in the servo one day when i went to get a drink. I was wearing my bright yellow shirt and because my stome sticks out he decided to get smart. He said " what ya got under there mate a pair of gloves? I said no you F#%kwit it's my arsehole, what you got in the back of your pants. He went quite sheepish after that. man i was fuming. Anyway your gonna get these dicks every where. Next time ask the perp if he has 2 dicks. if he asks why tell him you cant be that stupid playing with one. Good luck Hannah i'll be thinking of you,,

hugs and inappropriate touches

Steve

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:32 am
HA!! Very good comeback!!

I have a freind in th ehospital right now who had her reversal done. There is hope! lol

Thank you Steve!!  xoxoxo

Huggerz N touchez~~ me

Gus
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:55 am

Txgirl wrote:
HA!! Very good comeback!!

I have a freind in th ehospital right now who had her reversal done. There is hope! lol

Thank you Steve!!  xoxoxo

Huggerz N touchez~~ me

I hope it went well for her Hannah,, and your welcome dear Lady

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:06 am
Glad going back was fine - you must have been tired after! As for the arse asking about where you'd been, I'm sure between us we can come up with something suitable for an answer! I'll get my thinking cap on ........... Love and hugs xxxx

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:24 am
Well Hannah, I feel really proud of you, remembering your ostomy was not your only problems and here you are back working, it can't be said often enough, TAKE IT EASY for a while, this ostomy thing can take a lot out of you and you may not even be aware of over doing it for a while, best wishes, Ed

Past Member
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:30 pm
Hi Tex

Congrats on getting back to work. There is life after having an Ostomy.

Bobby

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:57 pm
thanks guys. Smile

It was nice being back and feeling like I was contributing to the delinquincy...oh wait! wrong forum....lmao...it was good but I do feel like i've been hit by a truck today.

loves & hugs~~

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:12 am
Good luck Hannah,  I had to deal with the CEO , I wanted to work and she wanted to get rid of me she is so very very prissy, I think she thought I was a freak and didn't want me in management,  it almost worked until several doctors raised hellto keep me, she didn't care about my work ethic or education ability etc.  just that I pooed in a bag & also speak my mind insteaD OF KISSING A--  Anyway I hope that is the last smart a-- you have to put up with!
eddie

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:36 am
I figure anyone impertinent enough to ask such a question is fair game.  My answer is "I have been in Hawaii.  You know how they reward employees for going above and beyond.  I chose the all expense paid trip.  I had a great time.  You been?  Oh well, maybe next year they will choose you."

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:31 pm

funnygurl wrote:
I figure anyone impertinent enough to ask such a question is fair game.  My answer is "I have been in Hawaii.  You know how they reward employees for going above and beyond.  I chose the all expense paid trip.  I had a great time.  You been?  Oh well, maybe next year they will choose you."

Funnygurl: Just love that answer, there was a time I was fast enough to come up with lines like that, now, old and decrepit it would be a chore. Thanks, Ed

Gus
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:02 pm

gutenberg wrote:

funnygurl wrote:

Funnygurl: Just love that answer, there was a time I was fast enough to come up with lines like that, now, old and decrepit it would be a chore. Thanks, Ed

Your only as old as the lady ya feelin Ed

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:16 pm
Way to go, Hannah! Getting that first shift under belt must make you feel great.

Gus - I would love to be a fly around you

I was talking to a lady (not a friend, more of an acquaintance) and couldn't help but notice how her eyes kept going to my tummy (I had a bump/due to empty). Didn't wait till she asked or said anything ... I just smiled and volunteered "that's where I keep my gerbil."
Wish I had a photo of her expression .

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:20 pm
"that's where I keep my gerbil."

Absolutely brilliant! I will remember that one .....  Everyone here keeps looking at me oddly for laughing out loud! xxxx
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.