Interested in meeting or talking to: Male

I am a 44-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female

I am a 53-year-old Female
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone

I am a 55-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone
Meet and talk to 20,078 OstoMates

Film 'star Trek' May Be Oscar Contender For Best Picture?

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
As a avid film viewer and great admirer of the visual arts I find it hard to fathom how a so-so film like last year's 'Star Trek' could be considered for Best Picture in one of the Academy's 10 slots. But then again it was a pretty lackluster year for great films. The Guild is finding works by their past nominees, such as Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Quentin Tarentino, and any other familiar names, and creating buzz about their works (some films of which many of us never heard of until now). It is the old media practice of telling the public what is 'great' and what ain't.

Of this year's contenders, Clooney's film.'Up In The Air', 'Star Trek','An Education',and 'Avatar' are the only films I've seen. 'Avatar' was entertaining, but at three hours long was a bit more than I could take. 'Education' and 'Up in the Air' were only mildly entertaining for my taste, but I suppose much better than the rest of this year's movie fare.

Meantime, I still view older films for the most enjoyment, having seen Blake Edward's 'Experiment In Terror' , a thriller no doubt inspired by the works of Hitchcock.
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.