Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,175 members

Christmas Music

Posted by Past Member, on Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:57 am

Anybody in the mood for some Christmas music?  lol  I always play this CD in my car around this time of year.  It's John Prine's Christmas Album.  If you like John Prine and country rock, I think you'll love it. Go to Utube and type it in.   My favorite song on thre is Silent Night All Day Long..and I loves his take on Silver Bells and I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus too.  Heck, I like all the songs on that album.  If you haven't heard it, give it a try and let me know what you think....and Merry Christmas a little early.

Linda

Reply by Angelicamarie, on Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:16 am

weirdnewlife... everything is cool sounded pretty good! Thanks for sharing!

Angel

Reply by Past Member, on Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:22 am

You liked it?  Cool!  I get kinda sentimental at Christmas....Prine seems to resonate with me at this time of the year.  Not everybody likes country/rock stuff...but I do.  Glad you liked it.

Reply by Bill, on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:30 pm

Hello Linda. Thanks for sharing this one as I had never heard of John Prine. (probably due to the big pond between us!) I do enjoy country music as I rarely have any difficulty in hearing and understanding the lyrics. The music usually supports the singer and is so easy to listen to.  Even though I don't celebrate Christmas, I do like the music and the way many people join in the spirit of goodwill (even if it is short-lived for some).  

Best wishes

Bill 

Reply by Past Member, on Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:28 pm

Thanks Bill.  Glad you liked it.  I know what you mean about being able to hear and understand the lyrics.  I have trouble hearing too.  Guess it comes when you get old, huh?  haha

Yes, the spirit of goodwill is all too shortlived for a lot of people these days...maybe most people actually, myself included.    It's too bad...but its better temporary than not at all, I guess.  Thanks for listening.

Reply by iMacG5, on Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi Linda. Music has always been a very big part of my life for many reasons. I’ve been surrounded by professional musicians since day one and trained in classical piano from age four. I don’t know John Prine but loved country music since my early teens but couldn’t advertise that. I’ll check out his stuff and I’m certain I’ll enjoy it. I can’t imagine Christmas without the songs you mentioned.
Thank you,
Mike

Reply by iMacG5, on Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:32 pm

Hey Bill, you surprised me. I just figured you for a Norseman and/or Anglo Saxon Caroler because of all the gifts you’ve given us here at MAO. So happy you enjoy the spirit as we do.
Respectfully,
Mike

Reply by Past Member, on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:22 am

Hi Mike,

So you're a classical pianist?  Wow!  Well, John Prine doesn't come up to THAT standard.  lol   But if you like country/rock and Christmas music, I think you'll like him.  You might like his non-Christmas stuff too.  Let me know what you think.  I think his songs beat a lot of the Christmas music out there. To me, they do anyway.   He's an oldie, but a goodie.  haha   Thanks for listening.

Linda

Reply by iMacG5, on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:55 pm

Hey Linda, thanks for the impressive reference. Though trained in classical stuff by some wonderful performers and teachers, I don’t think I was the best student. I’m happy with what I learned and played in some big bands and orchestras. Mainly, I learned to understand and love music of all kinds.
CBS Sunday Morning did a section about John Pine a couple weeks ago. We DVR everything and just watched the show last night. He was wonderful!
Thanks for the heads up.
Mike

Reply by Past Member, on Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:52 am

Hi Mike.  So glad you liked Prine!  So do I.  Been listening to him since the late 60s.  He's not really the Nashville kind of country.. He's a bit different.  lol   Thaks for the feedback.

Reply by Mrs.A, on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:17 pm

I use to have a taste for all types of music, but now I prefer instramental or Spiritual music most.

Reply by Past Member, on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:45 am

Mrs. A.

No, the Prine album isn't spiritual Christmas music..but it's fun to listen to anyway.  I like instrumentals too, especially at Christmas.   

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.