Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 19,700 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,700 OstoMates.

Christmas Music

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:57 am

Anybody in the mood for some Christmas music?  lol  I always play this CD in my car around this time of year.  It's John Prine's Christmas Album.  If you like John Prine and country rock, I think you'll love it. Go to Utube and type it in.   My favorite song on thre is Silent Night All Day Long..and I loves his take on Silver Bells and I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus too.  Heck, I like all the songs on that album.  If you haven't heard it, give it a try and let me know what you think....and Merry Christmas a little early.

Linda

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:16 am

weirdnewlife... everything is cool sounded pretty good! Thanks for sharing!

Angel

Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:22 am

You liked it?  Cool!  I get kinda sentimental at Christmas....Prine seems to resonate with me at this time of the year.  Not everybody likes country/rock stuff...but I do.  Glad you liked it.

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:30 pm

Hello Linda. Thanks for sharing this one as I had never heard of John Prine. (probably due to the big pond between us!) I do enjoy country music as I rarely have any difficulty in hearing and understanding the lyrics. The music usually supports the singer and is so easy to listen to.  Even though I don't celebrate Christmas, I do like the music and the way many people join in the spirit of goodwill (even if it is short-lived for some).  

Best wishes

Bill 

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:28 pm

Thanks Bill.  Glad you liked it.  I know what you mean about being able to hear and understand the lyrics.  I have trouble hearing too.  Guess it comes when you get old, huh?  haha

Yes, the spirit of goodwill is all too shortlived for a lot of people these days...maybe most people actually, myself included.    It's too bad...but its better temporary than not at all, I guess.  Thanks for listening.

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi Linda. Music has always been a very big part of my life for many reasons. I’ve been surrounded by professional musicians since day one and trained in classical piano from age four. I don’t know John Prine but loved country music since my early teens but couldn’t advertise that. I’ll check out his stuff and I’m certain I’ll enjoy it. I can’t imagine Christmas without the songs you mentioned.
Thank you,
Mike

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:32 pm

Hey Bill, you surprised me. I just figured you for a Norseman and/or Anglo Saxon Caroler because of all the gifts you’ve given us here at MAO. So happy you enjoy the spirit as we do.
Respectfully,
Mike

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:22 am

Hi Mike,

So you're a classical pianist?  Wow!  Well, John Prine doesn't come up to THAT standard.  lol   But if you like country/rock and Christmas music, I think you'll like him.  You might like his non-Christmas stuff too.  Let me know what you think.  I think his songs beat a lot of the Christmas music out there. To me, they do anyway.   He's an oldie, but a goodie.  haha   Thanks for listening.

Linda

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:55 pm

Hey Linda, thanks for the impressive reference. Though trained in classical stuff by some wonderful performers and teachers, I don’t think I was the best student. I’m happy with what I learned and played in some big bands and orchestras. Mainly, I learned to understand and love music of all kinds.
CBS Sunday Morning did a section about John Pine a couple weeks ago. We DVR everything and just watched the show last night. He was wonderful!
Thanks for the heads up.
Mike

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:52 am

Hi Mike.  So glad you liked Prine!  So do I.  Been listening to him since the late 60s.  He's not really the Nashville kind of country.. He's a bit different.  lol   Thaks for the feedback.

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:17 pm

I use to have a taste for all types of music, but now I prefer instramental or Spiritual music most.

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:45 am

Mrs. A.

No, the Prine album isn't spiritual Christmas music..but it's fun to listen to anyway.  I like instrumentals too, especially at Christmas.   

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.