Advertisement
ConvaTec - Accessories
Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 20,012 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 20,012 OstoMates.

How To Make Up Without Looking Like A Renaissance Painting? Help, Please!

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:31 am

Please, I need advice.

How to apply makeup without looking like a Renaissance painting?

I use sunscreen everyday but i do not usually put on makeup. As I am going to become a public figure I need to get ready for public events. I have tried a lot of products but it seems my skin is too dry. I would appreciate any beauty tips.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:11 am

If you haven't already, I'd go to your local Department Store with a cosmetic section. JC Penny has a good one and so does Macys.   They can be very helpful and you can try out a million different kinds of makeup from all the different makers.  They can also give you lots of pointers.  I went with my younger sister a while back and we spent and hour and a half trying to find lipstick for her that she liked.  She's very particular...a little too particular if you ask me.  She eventually found it, though. They were very patient. lol

I know they have foundations, for instance, that combine moisturiser and makeup...some almost 50/50%  They might work for you.  Anyway, if you tell them what you want, they can suggest lots of things and you can try them out.  Other than that, the only thing I can suggest is "go subtle".  It seems the older we get, the more subtle we must be with our makeup...unfortunately.  lol  Good luck.  You'll find the right thing.

Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Accessories
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:52 am

Thanks weirdnewlife.

I went to the Local Department Store, I went mad: primer, makeup, concealer, brusher, sponge, etc. 

Watery makeup are great but are melted with spotlight. I will keep looking for Stores. 

I think I am like your sister, LOL. She is lucky to have you.

Smile

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:48 pm

Hey, looking like a Renaissance painting isn't so bad...now, if you looked like a Picasso, then you'd be in trouble!  Wink

With dry skin, it would be a good idea to start with a moisturizing routine, morning and night; don't forget your neck.

I love primer as well.  I was told to leave a few minutes between each step: moisturizer, then primer, then foundation.  Long enough for the "layer" to settle. There are also "setting" sprays for after you apply your makeup completely that might help with your melting problem. 

If you have a Sephora near you, they are well trained in a range of different brands and products.

Practice and have fun with it. 

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

You DO sound like my sister!  LOL Keep trying.  Maybe some of that air brush makeup I've seen on TV.  Very thin layer...I haven't tried it, but it looks good.  Maybe??   At least it wouldn't melt under a spotlight.  Interesting that you're becoming a public figure...  Can I ask what you're up to?

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:25 pm

Hey, 

I find that less is best! I only use a foundation powder from Merle Norman. It evens everything out and is light! Of course blush, eye shadow and mascara are essential! Still light and natural as can be! Never been much a lipstick person but have recently started wearing it. A pain to keep up with! Lol Good luck in finding what is right for you! 

Puppyluv

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.