Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,338 members

To date a bag or not to date a bag

Posted by NewlifeVictoria, on Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:44 pm

Hello there and I feel the same way about it and Praying, I think it’s going to take a wonderful man who love me and can except I have something that I had to have and it will be difficult to tell someone and it’s been crazy go on a site and tell them they stop texting me! So idk only god knows 😥❤️😇NewlifeVictoria 

Reply by Happydays2018, on Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:12 pm

WOW... I apologise if I caused you any offence .. God bless 

vanessa1970 wrote:

Wow. I find your language to be offensive. I don’t see myself as a “baggy”. I’m a human being. I choose to carry my self with a grace and style of my own choosing, regardless of the circumstances in which I find myself. Nonetheless, I wish you well on your search for meaning and connection in your life.

Reply by Happydays2018, on Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:22 pm

Heyyy Victoria, I hope your well.. it will take a decent loving man to accept what we have.. but when we do find that man they will be WONDERFUL and worth waiting for.. when I did online dating I mention it when I feel the times right regardless of how soon I’ve met them, if they stop texting then they’re not right for us.. it’s hard though, it really is..but look what we’ve gone through to get where we are, we are so strong!! And definitely determined!!!! .. I have low days then I have amazing days.. we’re  in it together..  Smile  p.s no one is perfect.. apart from the Lord Jesus ..Lol..!!! Wink xx

NewlifeVictoria wrote:

Hello there and I feel the same way about it and Praying, I think it’s going to take a wonderful man who love me and can except I have something that I had to have and it will be difficult to tell someone and it’s been crazy go on a site and tell them they stop texting me! So idk only god knows 😥❤️😇NewlifeVictoria 

Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:28 pm

Hi Thank you for the email and your right I do the same and they go away but I don’t want to give up, on life or love ❤️ Praying 🙏 always to feel good and bring me a good man!! If you want any to talk or text let me know take care thank you Victoria 

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:22 am

Hey Victoria,

Hope you are doing well! You certainly sound like a very strong woman as most of us Ostomate are, don’t search too hard! Good things come to those that wait and if that right person is on the way, he will make it to you eventually! Just don’t Let the “couple “ thing define you any more than your Ostomy does! Relationships of any kind are valuable! People come into your life at the darnedest times! Just be ready! Lol

Keep the faith girl!

Puppy 

Reply by Mike6952, on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:28 am

So very true Puppy

Mike

Reply by kpaulrichards, on Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:10 pm

My best suggestion is that you refrain from eating, if possible, for at least 6 hours before expecting to engage in sex.  Once the bowel is inactive the pouch will remain almost completely empty; additionally I suggest you purchase a supply of "stoma caps" which are very small (about 3 - 4" in diameter) and fit right over your stoma.  Convatec and coloplast make them and they attach right to your wafer -- just remove your full size pouch and attach the small cap when you're ready for sex.  It's like wearing nothing!  Keep a few extra caps nearby as the first cap might fill up sooner than later if you've eaten more recently.

Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:23 pm

Thanks pups your right,., have a cramping , 😞 hurting kind of 😢day after coffee and yogurt and turkey soup mixed up in a bullet, its like baby food””what can be going on? Any one think it’s the dairy or coffee? Please ,thank you , a head of time🙏 any chance be that,!! replies Are welcome 🙏😃😍😇🙏I have to say it’s uncomfortable 😣 it’s seems like, can be scar tissue that people say that.... also my joints all over hurt , I’m praying and can’t wait to figure stuff out?!!! Praying so hard no more,?of this feeling better to figure out how to eat and seems every thing bothers me ,,, just some time worse the

other times if I eat anything dairy but the trusting and 

Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:27 pm

Sorry I didn’t finish writing idk what I did, sorry.. trusting and hoping to feel better,, I have appointments for doctors but I like when we/us know more than them!! So if you can reply I would appreciate it so much my favorite people are here... so love ❤️you all....Thank you.... Good bless everyone!! Victoria 

Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:30 pm

Hi Thank you idk not that I’m having sex right lol but good to know that hun.. how to get them? Do you ever get cramping or hurt in stomach? I need to here different stories and not feel I’m the only one !! Thank you Victoria 

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:02 pm

Hey Victoria, 

i have never had cramps or bloating or any stomach pain since getting my Ostomy! I think I am just really lucky! Thank God because having so many other things happening to keep my body jumping, don’t need one more to work out! Hope you can figure it out. I would just use the power of elimination. Cut everything out that you have been eating, start back with each thing until you find  what is causing your pain. Lactose can do that to you. Maybe try just Almond milk or Lactaid. I drink that not because of a problem but the 2% tastes like whole milk and it stays fresh for weeks so I am not throwing milk out! 

Hope you find the culprit! 

PUPPY

Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:24 pm

Hi Hun.,,Thank you so much puppy, your very sweet to reply, I hope and pray 🙏🙏🙏🙏I know ,I wish . I pray they would go away. Dairy is not good I get cramps really bad and I’m miserable how does this happen ?? It’s yogurt!!! Any one know what I can do,,, I don’t ensure with blending everything up! Thank you 😊 🙏 😇Have to say any help searching , figuring this all out , im Not  sure what the heck😢 !!!  Victoria 

Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:26 pm

Hi Hun.,,Thank you so much puppy, your very sweet to reply, I hope and pray 🙏🙏🙏🙏I know ,I wish . I pray they would go away. Dairy is not good I get cramps really bad and I’m miserable how does this happen ?? It’s yogurt!!! Any one know what I can do,,, I don’t ensure with blending everything up! Thank you 😊 🙏 😇Have to say any help searching , figuring this all out , im Not  sure what the heck😢 !!!  Victoria 

Reply by withed, on Wed May 15, 2019 2:36 pm

I thought I'd share my recent date experience to bring some positiveness out and maybe help people out who need some hope.

I met up with a woman a week ago and we got along rather well and I've never have had follow up dates come after each other so quickly. When she came around to my place on date 3 within a week's time things got fiesty. She took off my shirt and I quickly said 'Oh, I have this' to which she replied with a soft 'oh', shrugged and just carried on. Later in bed I asked what she thought of my bag to which she said 'everyone has something, I don't have nice feet'. 

I've never felt so anti climactic in my life. All this time I've made it a big deal for myself and now I even feel cheated out of a big surprise. I'm actually sort of annoyed that she didn't stop in her tracks and bombarded me with questions first. How silly is that?

I don't know if I found 'true love' or whatever but I sure got a hell of a lot of confidence out of this. Which I'm very thankful for even if things won't work out in the end. I'll know it's not because of the bag.

So just be the best -you- you can be and show you're into the other person, show honest affection and people will see you as more than just a 'baggy'.

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Thu May 16, 2019 2:15 pm

Nice! 

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.