Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,232 members

Seeking Help in New Orleans

Posted by SullyandThree, on Wed May 08, 2019 4:43 pm

I am working in New Orleans on a home Reno project with no working AC. I am constantly bending and up and down a ladder. I'm burning thru my packed flanges like mad with the humidity here. I'm about to run out. I may need to leave before a 2 day shipment would arrive if I were to order online. Do any local ostimates know of a drugstore, med supply retailer in the city proper. I appreciate any leads, help, guidance. I'm rather desperate for protection. Many thanks, Kevin

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Wed May 08, 2019 9:20 pm

Typical Pharmacy’s do not carry Ostomy supplies as a rule but if you can find a specialty pharmacy, they keep a small amount of supplies. Or a medical supply company!  Have your supplies overnighted too. You may want to call the local hospital to see if they have an Ostomy Care Nurse. They keep a lot of pouches on hand  and my be able to help you out!

Puppyluv

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Wed May 08, 2019 9:33 pm

Just google Ostomy supplies near me! Should tell you all that is close!

Reply by SullyandThree, on Wed May 08, 2019 10:30 pm

Thank you so much! So kind of you to take the time to help. Fairly new to the situation and your aid is a true comfort.

Reply by xnine, on Thu May 09, 2019 7:47 am

Brava strips may help to give you an extra day or two. They are flange extenders. The up and down and bending does ware on flanges.

Reply by SullyandThree, on Thu May 09, 2019 1:48 pm

Thank you so much!

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Thu May 09, 2019 4:21 pm

Hope you have found what you need to get you through the shipping period ! 

Keep us posted. Bravo barrier strips are excellent as Xnine says. I used them for a long time and they extend the life of your pouch. 

Puppyluv

Reply by Yak128, on Fri May 17, 2019 12:37 pm

Amazon.com carries supplies

Reply by SullyandThree, on Fri May 17, 2019 2:01 pm

Thank you! I actually found a med supply office 10 min walk away from where I'm staying and just in time!!

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Sun May 19, 2019 3:51 pm

Glad to hear to got what you needed! I always take double what I would normally use when I travel and luckily , have never had to use anything outside of the normal! 

Puppy

Reply by SullyandThree, on Sun May 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Thank you!

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Sun May 19, 2019 10:15 pm

Any time!

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.