Meet and talk to 20,077 OstoMates

Seeking Help In New Orleans

Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:43 pm

I am working in New Orleans on a home Reno project with no working AC. I am constantly bending and up and down a ladder. I'm burning thru my packed flanges like mad with the humidity here. I'm about to run out. I may need to leave before a 2 day shipment would arrive if I were to order online. Do any local ostimates know of a drugstore, med supply retailer in the city proper. I appreciate any leads, help, guidance. I'm rather desperate for protection. Many thanks, Kevin

Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:20 pm

Typical Pharmacy’s do not carry Ostomy supplies as a rule but if you can find a specialty pharmacy, they keep a small amount of supplies. Or a medical supply company!  Have your supplies overnighted too. You may want to call the local hospital to see if they have an Ostomy Care Nurse. They keep a lot of pouches on hand  and my be able to help you out!

Puppyluv

Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:33 pm

Just google Ostomy supplies near me! Should tell you all that is close!

Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:30 pm

Thank you so much! So kind of you to take the time to help. Fairly new to the situation and your aid is a true comfort.

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:47 am

Brava strips may help to give you an extra day or two. They are flange extenders. The up and down and bending does ware on flanges.

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:48 pm

Thank you so much!

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:21 pm

Hope you have found what you need to get you through the shipping period ! 

Keep us posted. Bravo barrier strips are excellent as Xnine says. I used them for a long time and they extend the life of your pouch. 

Puppyluv

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:37 pm

Amazon.com carries supplies

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:01 pm

Thank you! I actually found a med supply office 10 min walk away from where I'm staying and just in time!!

Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:51 pm

Glad to hear to got what you needed! I always take double what I would normally use when I travel and luckily , have never had to use anything outside of the normal! 

Puppy

Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Thank you!

Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:15 pm

Any time!

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.