Recommendations for Cool Stoma Tattoos?

Replies
Views
w30bob

Hi gang,

Xnine's post with the pic of his younger self holding the CANCER sign over his ostomy bag got me thinking. It might be kind of cool to have a tattoo on your abdomen that uses the stoma/ostomy bag and I'm sure by now someone has done it. So if you've seen or know of any cool stoma-related tattoos, please share. Maybe an arrow pointing to it that says "DO NOT ENTER" or "ONE WAY STREET" or "Please Don't Feed the Monster"......you know what I mean. Never wanted a tattoo, but finding something interesting regarding my shitbag and hole in my abdomen might convince me to get one. Looking forward to the replies on this one.........

Thanks,

Bob

Oh yeah, I should mention I've already Googled "Stoma Tattoos" and "Ostomy Tattoos" and didn't see anything that was any good. Just tramp stamp type graphics.

iMacG5

Hey Bob, you got me thinkin' and kinda interconnected with the BEAUTY post by Bill.  How about petals and then green leaves surrounding and connecting to the stoma like a magnificent flower.  In the eyes of the beholders we might hate that thing on our bellies or revel in it's beauty as the savior of our lives.  I prefer the later.

Respectfully,

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Define 'Tramp Stamp type graphics' please, unless you mean any type of gender LGBTQ persons personal choice

of body art type tattoo anywhere upon their body other than around an 'artificial orifice'.

Get a life and stop stereotyping folk who choose what to do with their own body, it's not their fault you're just sad.

S

w30bob

Hi Mike,

Certainly! There could be some pretty cool designs made to feature the bag or the stoma... so it will be interesting to see what folks come up with. Maybe some red text on top of it that says "In Case of Loss of Cabin Pressure Remove Bag and Press Red Button"... or something silly like that. Hey Sky-Ho... what do you think?

Later,

Bob

newyorktorque

I think I need someone to help me load this pic as I have one of a tattoo of an ostomy bag on one's stomach. I can't get it to load.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
w30bob

Sueaxe,

Easy girl... somebody sure got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Here's the definition, and if you knew what it meant you'd know I wasn't serious... as it's placed on the lower back, not on the front, my dear. If you still don't get it, take it up with Merriam-Webster.

Tramp stamp:

Noun,

Definition of tramp stamp:

Informal, sometimes disparaging: a tattoo located on a woman's lower back. Many a college kid came home from spring break, football weekends, and out-of-state summer internships with university logos, tramp stamps (lower-back tattoos), and sorority/fraternity letters.— Ginny Graham; She now finds herself embarrassed by the original tattoo, in part because... lower-back tattoos have come to take on a derogatory name: the tramp stamp.— Hayley Krischer

First Known Use of tramp stamp:
2004, in the meaning defined above

Regards,

Bob

Past Member

Interesting story behind this one (he doesn't have an ostomy but his wife does).

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/5012154/stoma-tattoo-cancer-husband-wife-abortion/

Bagface

W30bob - How about "Do Not Disturb"

w30bob

JMC,

That's pretty cool. I never thought of a loved one getting a "bag" tattoo to support his spouse. Way cool.

Thanks,

Bob

w30bob

Bagface (That name still cracks me up) that's a good one. Or how about "In The Event Of Food Poisoning - Remove Bag and Drink Contents". Yeah, that's gross. But it is what came to mind......and I'm known to speak what's on my mind.

;O)

Bob

Puppyluv56

I remember someone posting an outhouse tattoo all around the stoma. Pretty appropriate! Haha

Pup

Puppyluv56

Just saw this on another post about tattoos and stomas. How cool, semi colon! Haha

w30bob

Very cool. Next, I will have to think about what to do with that railroad track vertical scar we all seem to have, as well. I'm thinking the obvious tat is a large zipper.

Later,

Bob

Puppyluv56

That railroad track would be great, and of course, you have to have the train! Maybe a train wreck at the stoma! Haha, I think almost all of our bodies are definitely a train wreck from so many surgeries! Lol

Puppy 

lovely

How about the saying "Here Comes Trouble" with an arrow pointing to the stoma.

w30bob

Lovely,

Yeah, that would be apropos! At least fellow ostomates would "get it", as well as the smarter folks in the population. The other one I thought of was "Do NOT Press the Red Button!!", but that would only work if you wore a clear bag.

Regards,

Bob

lovely

Hi Bob, I was just looking at different things online and I saw this bag cover, and I thought of you. If you are still thinking about a tattoo, this is a cute one. I could not get the picture to copy, so here is the link if you want to look at it.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/481692134/pouchwear-readymade-embroidered-ostomy?ga_order=most_relevant ga_search_type=all ga_view_type=gallery ga_search_query=ostomy+bag+cover ref=sr_gallery-3-48

w30bob

Hi Lovely,

Yes! Now that's what I'm talking about... those are great! That page is now bookmarked. Thanks for finding that!!

Regards,

Bob

Puppyluv56

That cover is really cute! LOL

xnine

Thought you might be interested.

Puppyluv56

Hahaha

w30bob

X.....That's priceless!

Regards,

Bob

xnine

Homer

w30bob

It's really really hard not to laugh when you look at that! What a chick-magnet! Ya gotta love it! Thanks X!

Regards,

Bob