Ostomy Reversal Healing - My Journey and Recovery

Replies
Views
Newstom

Hi folks, well I had the reversal surgery on Dec 3. Suppose I should change my name to Nostom from Newstom. 3 1/2 years ago when I signed up. Thank you for all the comments and prayers. I must say it was brutal for me, but I thank God so far so good! I have a wound vac on the stoma site which is on 24/7 for about 4 weeks, it's now a mini crater. The cut down the center is longer than the original surgery back in '16. I guess I can honestly say I am glad to have my butt back in action. If I didn't get a hernia, I doubt I would've signed up for this because of my fear of pain. I'm not a great patient, but all I can do is stay in bed and heal, and in time things will be so much brighter. Gees, just missing the whole hustle bustle of Christmas is weird and relaxing because it's all I have to do today! That is a blessing in disguise, I think.

I hope you all have a blessed holiday season! Warm regards

lovely

Glad you are on the mend. You just continue to rest and don't push things.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

britathrt60

So glad to hear your surgery went well....take it easy and do what the doc says...no going down any hills on sleds yet...lol..

Take care of yourself.

Ange

Bill

Hello Newstom.   

Thanks for updating us on your situation, and it is so uplifting to think that at least one of us has stepped back into the 'normal' world. I do hope everything progresses well for you and you can put the stoma episode behind you and move on to much more positive things in life. 

Besrt wishes

Bill

warrior

This is wonderful news to hear. Now help us keep tabs on you. A lot of people hope for reversals. You are the chosen one now. Ha ha. Keep rolling with your colon. Warrior.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Morning glory

Great news, newstom. This is a great Christmas present for you.

Best wishes,

Rebecca

w30bob

It's always nice when someone gets to leave the Island of Misfit Toys... just remember to ask Santa to bring the rest of us successful reconnections sometime in the future. Heal quickly, my friend, and put this whole ostomy mess in your rearview mirror and enjoy your life!

Regards,

Bob

Bagface

Newstom - Happy to hear that you're doing well!

Newbeee

Hope your recovery is continuing to progress well. I am already getting anxious about my upcoming reversal procedure and what to anticipate.