Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Dating 20,920 members

OstomyrReversal healing

Posted by Newstom, on Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:42 pm

hi folks, well i had the reversal surgery Dec 3. Suppose I should change my name to Nostom from Newstom 3 1/2 years ago when I signed up Thank you for all the comments and prayers. I must say it was brutal for me but I thank God so far so good! I have a wound vac on the stoma site which is on 24/7 for about 4 weeks, its now a mini crater. The cut down the center is longer than the original surgery back in '16. I guess I can honestly say I am glad to have my butt back in action. If i didn't get a hernia I doubt I wouldve have signed up for this because of my fear of pain, I'm not a great patient but all i can do is stay in bed and heal and in time things will be so much brighter. Gees just missing the whole hustle bustle of Christmas is weird and relaxing cuz its all I have to do today! That is a blessing in disguise I think. 

I hope you all have a blessed holiday season!  Warm regards

Reply by lovely, on Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:37 pm

Glad you are on the mend.You just continue to rest and don't push things. 

Reply by britathrt60, on Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:28 am

So glad to hear your surgery went well....take it easy and do what the Doc says...no going down any hills on sleds yet...lol..

take care of yourself.

Ange

Reply by Bill, on Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:20 am

Hello Newstom.   

Thanks for updating us on your situation, and it is so uplifting to think that at least one of us has stepped back into the 'normal' world. I do hope everything progresses well for you and you can put the stoma episode behind you and move on to much more positive things in life. 

Besrt wishes

Bill

Reply by warrior, on Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:21 pm

This is wonderful news to hear. Now help us keep tabs on you.  Alot of people hope for reversals.  You are the chosen one now. Ha ha.  Keep rolling with yur colon. Warrior. 

Reply by Morning glory , on Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:17 pm

Great news newstom. This is a great Christmas present for you. 

Best wishes,

Rebecca

Reply by w30bob, on Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:00 pm

It always nice when someone gets to leave The Island of Misfit Toys.........just remember to ask Santa to bring the rest of us successful reconnections sometime in the future. Heal quickly my friend, and put this whole ostomy mess in your rearview mirror and enjoy your life!

Regards,

Bob

Reply by Bagface, on Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:46 am

Newstom-Happy to hear that you're doing well! 

Reply by Newbeee, on Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:09 pm

Hope your recovery is continuing to progress well.  I am already getting anxious about my upcoming reversal procedure and what to anticipate.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.