Hey shark fan.welcome. hope u stick around because I think we can help. Each other. Im just curious why you are trying this last resort as oppose to new meds that may help you keep your plumbing?? Lets start there for now.
Details will follow thanks. Warrior
I was on Remicade for 6 years until it stopped working. Then on to Entyvio which didn't work. Simponi worked long enough to get me off Prednisone which I had been on for over 5 years. I was recently on Xeljanz which had no results. Dr. came in from the last sigmoidoscopy with the words "There's nothing else I can do for you". It was actually a relief as I was waiting for those words to come for the last few years. Thanks for the quick response!
I was using my phone to reply to you earlier ..hate that damn thing but just wanted to try to get some basics.. quickly.. so it worked.. thanks..
Like you and some of us out here, I went through the same course of meds. remicade didnt last very long.. i was about to try humira after remicade when insurance and doctor delays cost me alot of blood.. within 6 months of a decently looking colon via scopy, the intestine would not stop bleeding. i tried mega dosing prednisone.. orally, anally- the rowsa things.. it was hopeless. and of course too late.. ileo was done as an emergency xmas eve 2016.
what i don't get is it doesnt sound like you are in a state of emergency.. meaning its gotta come out now! nope.. March you said?? so it's very hard to understand if you're bleeding.. if you are not under control some sort... how in the world can you wait until March?? so that's why I didn't think you exhausted all avenues with the meds.. cause as you know,..surgery is always the last option...
this disease like many others, the medicine is worst than the illness.. and it is stretched over a life time or sometimes short time. I have had IBD over 35 yrs.. so yes i went through the ringer knowing the last few years i was gunna need the colon removed.. had hoped later than sooner.. sooner came overnight.
Now that the decision has been made to have it and the rectum removed, it's probably the safe bet for you.. i still have the "stump". and guess where IBD landed after the colon was removed?? so with good intentions of keeping the anus/rectum, for reconnect, that ship has sailed and has gone down like the Titanic. will require a future proto.... so I am half there with the ileo... for over 3 yrs.. just gotta decide when to get my ass kicked off. the stump still bleeds. have you tried uceris foam?
you joining now and soon having the same surgery, and asking the right questions, is like god-send to me.. so i am gunna be watching you my new friend....and trying to help with at least half of the job you will be experiencing.. deal?
oh... there was another guy like us.. here... i typed him and probably scared half the poop out of him already. he's gone silent. never replied.
i believe we have a verbal commitment to help our neighbors. This is one way..and it does get the job done if people participate. and stick to it. Appreciate hearing your side of the story. just why is the doc waiting till March if "there's nothing more he can do?" Warrior
oh oh.. i just signed off to preview your response above when it hit me.. you said the doctor is used a sig scope? did u mean a colonoscopy? cause I sure in hell wont take a sig over a colonscopy to sell me a proto. pls advise. thanks.