Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Dating 20,699 members

My reversal update

Posted by currentsitguy, on Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:57 am

Well it's Saturday morning. My "guts" pretty much woke up yesterday. I've been pretty much constantly passing gas ever since. I'm moving to a liquid diet today, which is good, the ice chips are getting old. They came in a 4AM and asked if I'd like the Foley out, who am I to say no? Seriously it's much easier to walk. At about 5 I realized I was so antsy in the bed I got up and did several laps of this foor of the hospital. I'm sitting in a chair right now watching old movies on TCM. If all stays well I'm on track to be home by Monday or Tuesday.

Reply by Cheekymonkey111, on Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:31 am

Good luck hope all goes well 

Reply by warrior, on Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:44 am

Sounds like you're gunna be back on the road again very very soon.  Aren't you the lucky one? ha ha.  just remember not to push yourself too fast into doing things. we look forward to more indepth details of your journey.  carry on..safely..  Warrior.

Reply by Bill, on Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:03 pm

It all sounds good so far and let's hope it keeps going in that direction. Thanks for updating us!

Best wishes

Bill

Reply by w30bob, on Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:30 pm

Great news Current!!!  TCM???  Wow, you're in a NICE hospital!  All I ever got was Wheel of Fortune, Days of our Lives and Maury Povich getting rednecks to fight on live TV.  Hang in there brother, you'll be on the outside looking in in no time!  Keep us updated or if you just get bored let us know and we'll try to entertain you.  I sent Warrior my Bra and Panties and he promised to post pics........should be interesting!

Seriously, keep getting well and get the heck out of there ASAP!

regards,

bob

Reply by lovely, on Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:27 pm

So glad to hear you are on the mend. Sounds like you are moving right along. Best wishes for continued sucess.

 

Reply by currentsitguy, on Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:08 pm
w30bob wrote:

Great news Current!!!  TCM???  Wow, you're in a NICE hospital!  All I ever got was Wheel of Fortune, Days of our Lives and Maury Povich getting rednecks to fight on live TV.  Hang in there brother, you'll be on the outside looking in in no time!  Keep us updated or if you just get bored let us know and we'll try to entertain you.  I sent Warrior my Bra and Panties and he promised to post pics........should be interesting!

Seriously, keep getting well and get the heck out of there ASAP!

regards,

bob


Let me explain. About 2 years ago AT&T, our cell provider made us an offer we couldn't refuse. They offered us their online TV service, with something like 100 channels for $10. I'm watching on my laptop. I have better cable than the hospital!

Reply by currentsitguy, on Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:10 pm
warrior wrote:

Sounds like you're gunna be back on the road again very very soon.  Aren't you the lucky one? ha ha.  just remember not to push yourself too fast into doing things. we look forward to more indepth details of your journey.  carry on..safely..  Warrior.


Well the lucky thing is I work a desk job from home, so the most I'll be doing is walking down the hall to my office.

Reply by warrior, on Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:41 pm
currentsitguy wrote:
w30bob wrote:

Great news Current!!!  TCM???  Wow, you're in a NICE hospital!  All I ever got was Wheel of Fortune, Days of our Lives and Maury Povich getting rednecks to fight on live TV.  Hang in there brother, you'll be on the outside looking in in no time!  Keep us updated or if you just get bored let us know and we'll try to entertain you.  I sent Warrior my Bra and Panties and he promised to post pics........should be interesting!

Seriously, keep getting well and get the heck out of there ASAP!

regards,

bob


Let me explain. About 2 years ago AT&T, our cell provider made us an offer we couldn't refuse. They offered us their online TV service, with something like 100 channels for $10. I'm watching on my laptop. I have better cable than the hospital!

You are blessed sharkfan.. A deal like that only comes along so often.. I recall a similar deal with internet and phone . an up and coming company from mexico.  Sounded too good to be true.. Taco bell. 

Reply by currentsitguy, on Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:17 pm
warrior wrote:
currentsitguy wrote:
w30bob wrote:

Great news Current!!!  TCM???  Wow, you're in a NICE hospital!  All I ever got was Wheel of Fortune, Days of our Lives and Maury Povich getting rednecks to fight on live TV.  Hang in there brother, you'll be on the outside looking in in no time!  Keep us updated or if you just get bored let us know and we'll try to entertain you.  I sent Warrior my Bra and Panties and he promised to post pics........should be interesting!

Seriously, keep getting well and get the heck out of there ASAP!

regards,

bob


Let me explain. About 2 years ago AT&T, our cell provider made us an offer we couldn't refuse. They offered us their online TV service, with something like 100 channels for $10. I'm watching on my laptop. I have better cable than the hospital!

You are blessed sharkfan.. A deal like that only comes along so often.. I recall a similar deal with internet and phone . an up and coming company from mexico.  Sounded too good to be true.. Taco bell. 

We locked in the rate and threw Comcast to the curb. To watch on TV all you need is a Firestick or Roku. It's basically cable without the cable price.

Reply by warrior, on Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:24 pm
currentsitguy wrote:
warrior wrote:
currentsitguy wrote:
w30bob wrote:

Great news Current!!!  TCM???  Wow, you're in a NICE hospital!  All I ever got was Wheel of Fortune, Days of our Lives and Maury Povich getting rednecks to fight on live TV.  Hang in there brother, you'll be on the outside looking in in no time!  Keep us updated or if you just get bored let us know and we'll try to entertain you.  I sent Warrior my Bra and Panties and he promised to post pics........should be interesting!

Seriously, keep getting well and get the heck out of there ASAP!

regards,

bob


Let me explain. About 2 years ago AT&T, our cell provider made us an offer we couldn't refuse. They offered us their online TV service, with something like 100 channels for $10. I'm watching on my laptop. I have better cable than the hospital!

You are blessed sharkfan.. A deal like that only comes along so often.. I recall a similar deal with internet and phone . an up and coming company from mexico.  Sounded too good to be true.. Taco bell. 

We locked in the rate and threw Comcast to the curb. To watch on TV all you need is a Firestick or Roku. It's basically cable without the cable price.

yup... when opportunity knocks.. 
so you don't seem to be in much pain and you are walking around.. sitting..  doing t.v.  will they give u any PT before u leave??  it really sounds like everything is going well for ya.

which is wonderful..  u hang in there.  update on pain, meds. release.  thanks. Warrioe.

Reply by currentsitguy, on Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:02 am
warrior wrote:
currentsitguy wrote:
warrior wrote:
currentsitguy wrote:
w30bob wrote:

Great news Current!!!  TCM???  Wow, you're in a NICE hospital!  All I ever got was Wheel of Fortune, Days of our Lives and Maury Povich getting rednecks to fight on live TV.  Hang in there brother, you'll be on the outside looking in in no time!  Keep us updated or if you just get bored let us know and we'll try to entertain you.  I sent Warrior my Bra and Panties and he promised to post pics........should be interesting!

Seriously, keep getting well and get the heck out of there ASAP!

regards,

bob


Let me explain. About 2 years ago AT&T, our cell provider made us an offer we couldn't refuse. They offered us their online TV service, with something like 100 channels for $10. I'm watching on my laptop. I have better cable than the hospital!

You are blessed sharkfan.. A deal like that only comes along so often.. I recall a similar deal with internet and phone . an up and coming company from mexico.  Sounded too good to be true.. Taco bell. 

We locked in the rate and threw Comcast to the curb. To watch on TV all you need is a Firestick or Roku. It's basically cable without the cable price.

yup... when opportunity knocks.. 
so you don't seem to be in much pain and you are walking around.. sitting..  doing t.v.  will they give u any PT before u leave??  it really sounds like everything is going well for ya.

which is wonderful..  u hang in there.  update on pain, meds. release.  thanks. Warrioe.


I think my PT will amount to walking around the hospital. I weaned myself off the morphine two days ago, really I didn't need it any more. All I really needed it for was to moderate the pain when I coughed. I was concerned about not being able to clear my throat and coming down with pneumonia. Now I'm just going stir crazy sitting in this room.

Reply by w30bob, on Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:04 pm

Currents...........that's great!  Being stir-crazy is the symptom of being ready to get the heck out of there!  Awesome deal you got on streaming!! Sweeet!  Hope they tell you to pack your bags any minute now........

 

regards,

bob

Reply by britathrt60, on Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:11 am

Well done currents...sounds like you are ready to exit stage left the hospital back to your own comfy bed..make sure you have some depends handy until your sphincter muscle wakes up and relearns what its supposed to do....take care

Ange

Reply by currentsitguy, on Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:19 am
britathrt60 wrote:

Well done currents...sounds like you are ready to exit stage left the hospital back to your own comfy bed..make sure you have some depends handy until your sphincter muscle wakes up and relearns what its supposed to do....take care

Ange


FWIW I already have them. It seems in the last 10 minutes or so #2 has restarted. I shall see if my rear end remembers the difference between solid and gas.

Reply by w30bob, on Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:45 pm

Oh I'm sure it will!  And you won't need the Depends, as they won't let you leave until what comes out is normal.  You're just a few shits away from coming home!  Get-R-Done!

 

regards,

bob

Reply by britathrt60, on Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:29 am
currentsitguy wrote:
britathrt60 wrote:

Well done currents...sounds like you are ready to exit stage left the hospital back to your own comfy bed..make sure you have some depends handy until your sphincter muscle wakes up and relearns what its supposed to do....take care

Ange


FWIW I already have them. It seems in the last 10 minutes or so #2 has restarted. I shall see if my rear end remembers the difference between solid and gas.


It won't take too long ya just have to be patient with mister sphincter ..lol..

Reply by britathrt60, on Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:32 am
w30bob wrote:

Oh I'm sure it will!  And you won't need the Depends, as they won't let you leave until what comes out is normal.  You're just a few shits away from coming home!  Get-R-Done!

 

regards,

bob


Must be different here Bob cause when I had the reversal done 3 years before the permanent I had to use depends for quite a while...mine was ileo so tho it may make a difference.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.
All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Currently online: 10    
2 members & 8 visitors
Sun (f)
 
 
Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate - the largest online community for people with an ostomy.
If you have questions or just want to meet and chat with others, join us and enjoy our great community.