Recovery Progress: Moving Towards Home!

Replies
Views
currentsitguy

Well, it's Saturday morning. My "guts" pretty much woke up yesterday. I've been pretty much constantly passing gas ever since. I'm moving to a liquid diet today, which is good, the ice chips are getting old. They came in at 4 AM and asked if I'd like the Foley out, who am I to say no? Seriously, it's much easier to walk. At about 5, I realized I was so antsy in the bed I got up and did several laps of this floor of the hospital. I'm sitting in a chair right now watching old movies on TCM. If all stays well, I'm on track to be home by Monday or Tuesday.

Cheekymonkey111

Good luck. Hope all goes well.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

warrior

Sounds like you're gonna be back on the road again very, very soon. Aren't you the lucky one? Ha ha. Just remember not to push yourself too fast into doing things. We look forward to more in-depth details of your journey. Carry on... safely... Warrior.

Bill

It all sounds good so far and let's hope it keeps going in that direction. Thanks for updating us!

Best wishes

Bill

w30bob

Great news Current!!!TCM???Wow, you're in a NICE hospital!All I ever got was Wheel of Fortune, Days of our Lives and Maury Povich getting rednecks to fight on live TV. Hang in there brother, you'll be on the outside looking in in no time!Keep us updated or if you just get bored let us know and we'll try to entertain you. I sent Warrior my Bra and Panties and he promised to post pics........should be interesting!

Seriously, keep getting well and get the heck out of there ASAP!

regards,

bob

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
lovely

So glad to hear you are on the mend. Sounds like you are moving right along. Best wishes for continued success.

currentsitguy

Let me explain. About 2 years ago, AT&T, our cell provider, made us an offer we couldn't refuse. They offered us their online TV service, with something like 100 channels for $10. I'm watching on my laptop. I have better cable than the hospital!

currentsitguy

Well, the lucky thing is I work a desk job from home, so the most I'll be doing is walking down the hall to my office.

warrior

You are blessed, sharkfan. A deal like that only comes along so often. I recall a similar deal with internet and phone, an up-and-coming company from Mexico. Sounded too good to be true. Taco Bell.

currentsitguy

We locked in the rate and threw Comcast to the curb. To watch on TV, all you need is a Firestick or Roku. It's basically cable without the cable price.

warrior

Yup... when opportunity knocks...
So you don't seem to be in much pain and you are walking around.. sitting..
Doing t.v.
Will they give you any PT before you leave??
It really sounds like everything is going well for you.

Which is wonderful...
You hang in there.
Update on pain, meds, release.
Thanks. Warrior.

currentsitguy

I think my PT will amount to walking around the hospital. I weaned myself off the morphine two days ago, really I didn't need it anymore. All I really needed it for was to moderate the pain when I coughed. I was concerned about not being able to clear my throat and coming down with pneumonia. Now I'm just going stir crazy sitting in this room.

w30bob

Currents... that's great! Being stir-crazy is the symptom of being ready to get the heck out of there! Awesome deal you got on streaming!! Sweeet! Hope they tell you to pack your bags any minute now...

Regards,

Bob

britathrt60

Well done, currents...sounds like you are ready to exit stage left the hospital back to your own comfy bed...make sure you have some Depends handy until your sphincter muscle wakes up and relearns what it's supposed to do...take care

Ange

currentsitguy

FWIW, I already have them. It seems in the last 10 minutes or so, #2 has restarted. I shall see if my rear end remembers the difference between solid and gas.

w30bob

Oh, I'm sure it will! And you won't need the Depends, as they won't let you leave until what comes out is normal. You're just a few shits away from coming home! Get-R-Done!

Regards,

Bob

britathrt60

It won't take too long, you just have to be patient with Mister Sphincter... lol...

britathrt60

Must be different here, Bob, because when I had the reversal done 3 years before the permanent, I had to use Depends for quite a while...mine was ileo, so though it may make a difference.