Need help with irritated skin under Eakin seal. Suggestions?

Replies
Views
Daanders

I am still having some trouble with the skin under my Eakin seal. I was told to try Zincofax for diaper rash as long as it has 40% zinc. I changed my bag last night and it's not getting better. So I went and bought the cream. Now I'll wait for answers before the next change, before I try it. Hoping for some good suggestions.

newyorktorque
Hey Daanders, sorry to hear about your discomfort. We've all been there and know how irritating that can be. Nystatin helps (if I can get my ileo to calm down and not output for a few minutes). We have a wound care ostomy clinic here downtown which is great for nearly all things stoma-related. Perhaps there is one near you that may help. Initially, I asked my doctor to do a swab for possible infection, which there was. That sent me to the clinic, and they gave me Desoximetazone for the infection. I hope you find some relief soon!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Daanders

Thank you. Do you need a prescription for those?

newyorktorque

I did.

newyorktorque

Nystatin comes in ointment or powder. The desoximetazone comes in gel or cream. You want gel for this one as it dries well and you don't want to rinse it off.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Daanders

I got a prescription for it finally. No one in my city has it. They ordered it in for me. Now to wait