Taking Lomotil for bowel motility?

Replies
Views
w30bob

Hi gang,

Just wondering if anyone is taking diphenoxylate and atropine (Lomotil) to slow their motility? If you are, let me know... I'd like to talk to you about it.

Thanks,

Bob

Tickpol

Yes, and it didn't work for me.

Dave

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,691 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

kmedup

H-eh Bob,

I don't take anything I can't pronounce - LOL.

I am busier than a cat trying to cover turds on a marble floor. Speaking of cats, how are the kittens doing? Hopefully at the end of May, I can return to normal working hours and can start ranting again.

Stay safe :) K

w30bob

And I thought you were just mad at me..............go figure!   Kittens are just so cute!   I think I can start giving them away in another 2 weeks (8 weeks old) and I need to do it quickly or I'll want to keep them all.   They look at you with those cute little eyes and your heart just melts.   I'll get another pic up soon.    

Good to hear from you, Sis.......stay safe!

Regards,

Bob

bowsprit

Never took Lomotil to slow bowel motility but was prescribed it for what they call Montezuma's Revenge in Mexico. It worked. No ill effects. Anyway, Karachi is a long way from Maryland. No similarities except one.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

I tried it briefly, but didn't find it helpful, and it is associated with a long list of side effects, some of them quite serious. I wasn't taking it long enough to suffer any side effects, but as I said, the Lomotil wasn't helpful anyway.

kstyle

Hey Bob - I've been taking it for about 8 years.

K

mamatembo

Lomotil and/or Imodium both worked fine for me for IBD prior to cancer diagnoses. I didn't need it after APR and colostomy. However, after a different type of tumor was found in the small intestine that was removed along with the ascending colon, blood vessels, and lymph nodes, I do need it. The surgeon finally gave me the go-ahead to use it, but I want to save its use for long-haul back-to-back flights to Europe and then on to Kenya. In the meantime, my oncologist prescribed cholestyramine. I picked it up and tried it for four days and was so sick with nausea and vomiting I never completed it because it was so disgusting (and having lost 21 pounds after the last surgery, I don't want to lose anymore). Thus, I will also be interested in the success people have had with it and what dosage they use to be comfortable with it.

looking forward

Hi, I took it in the beginning for a couple of months. Never needed it again.

w30bob

Hi K,

I'm shooting you a PM..........I'd like to talk to you about it.

Thanks,

Bob

kstyle

I'll look for your PM.

K.