What is that noise?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
freedancer

Hi guys! Freedancer here again with a question about supplies. I just got my new order of ileostomy bags from Hollister. Have any of you noticed a change in them? They suddenly seem very noisy. They seem to crackle a lot more than my other bags did. I noticed that the color of the plastic is different as well but it has the exact same number as my other bags. Everything fits the same so I'm not too worried but they just seem a lot more noisy than the others. I wear the drainable pouches, two-piece style. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

GrammieRed

Hi freedancer, I use Sensura pouches but I've heard others say here that the Hollister's have changed and sound crinkly now.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member

I also use Coloplast Sensura products, and they aren't noisy.

w30bob

Hi Free,

Yes, we've discussed it on here quite a bit over the last few months. Bottom line is they changed the bag material without telling anyone and it's thinner and more "crackly". Supposedly Hollister has been receiving a number of complaints and has told someone on here that they are working to replace the current material with something softer and less "crackly". I simply switched to their opaque skin colored bag, as I didn't like the thinner material of the clear bag, as the skin colored bag is soft and quiet. I expect we'll be seeing a new material from Hollister very soon. You can just search the forum for Hollister or bags and you should find the posts I'm talking about.

regards,

bob

lovely

Hi freedancer, as Bob said, there was a lot of discussion about this when they first changed them. Bob posted pictures of the different types on one of the posts. They are thinner and more crackly sounding. They should have changed the number. Best wishes and stay safe

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister