Pouch Clips Wandering: Tips for Short People?

Replies
Views
Past Member

Anyone else have clips always ending up between your legs?

Always adjusting things, looking like a perv, when I want to sit down...

Are my pouches too long? Am I too short?

Do they make pouches for short people?
(5'2")

How do you keep clips from wandering?

Puppyluv56

I used a drainable pouch for a few years and it seemed the bottom closure did that too. It was painful! I changed to a non-drainable and there is no closure or clamps! It is heaven!
Puppyluv

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Hi Sherr,

Sorry, can't relate. Your stoma must be lower than mine, as I've never had that problem... but it sounds like a terrible problem to have. The simple solution would be to wear your bag sideways instead of vertically. Take a look at Stealth Belts or similar, as they come in both horizontal and vertical varieties.

Regards,

Bob

Past Member

I used to hate those plastic closure clips used to dig in my 'you know what down there' every time I was bending down and out walking. Lucky I was never arrested for having my hand down my pants moving clip out the way lol..... It was a great relief when I started using pouches with velcro closures about 20 years ago. Instantly solved my problems.

Morning glory

Hi, I am not quite 5'2. I fold my pouch upwards. My panty holds it secure.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
2marilyn2

Hi, as Morning Glory says, I use the Velcro fastening bags and once closed I fold it up once again and my pants hold it secure. I'm only 4ft 11in and it works for me!

Mggy34

I have that problem and I'm tall! I just put the pouch on a little sideways....just tilt it towards the middle of my thigh...keeps it from going where it shouldn't be!

Ali Canada

I used to have that problem and then switched to a pouch that has no clips but uses Velcro. There are two tapes of it to close and I have never had a problem with them becoming unstuck. Furthermore, you can tuck the tail in. Works great!!