Colonoscopy! Tomorrow

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Past Member

I am having colonoscopy through the stoma tomorrow

I just mixed up the prep..it is got a pineapple flavor

Added to it. I've had colonoscopy before never a

Flavored prep. I hope I can get it down.

Anyone had pineapple flavor prep?

Any suggestion will be helpful.

Thanks, Asiam

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,098 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Asiam - I do not have any suggestions, but, if you wouldn't mind reporting back on how the procedure goes, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm having the same procedure in October and can't imagine how they go about it or what to expect. Thank you.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member

I sure will let you know how things go. nbsp

Asiam nbsp

bowsprit

Nothing to worry about at all. Less discomfort than the other way around, besides they give you something that sends you into dreamland for a short time . I got all the preps in the hospital. However, there are 10,000 miles between you and me. On the other hand, I would be even less worried if I was having it done where you are, for obvious reasons. Nothing to it, safe and easy procedure.

Past Member

Bowsprit is right - through the stoma is easier than the other way. I didn't even need to take my appliance off because they can go in through the bottom opening of the pouch. Because it is less uncomfortable, they gave me less meds, so I was awake and watched the whole procedure on the screen. Easy peasey. The worst part is always the prep.

Laurie

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

Hi,

I'll be next just before Thanksgiving. I have to do a two day prep and drink that awful jug of stuff I've had before if I can get it down. I'm not worried about the procedure just the prep. At least this time I have a bag, it oughta make it easier.

Good luck Asiam your in good hands I'm sure.

...mtnman.

Puppyluv56

Asiam,

Never heard of the pineapple flavored stuff but what a great change! All the others are horrible as well as CT prep but it comes in many flavors now. Chocolate mocha, banana, berry and Vanilla! Not bad! Never had a colonoscopy since having an Ostomy. Is it still an every 10 year event? Having cancer, I still have regular CT scans but have not thought to ask about the colonoscopy! Let us know how that turns out!
Puppyluv

Past Member

Thank you, looking forward the procedure nbsp

Then getting back to normal and some food!!

I'll be cheering you on for your upcoming nbsp; colonoscopy in November. nbsp; nbsp

Asiam

Past Member

Puppy, did you have colorectal cancer? If you did, then you should be having colonoscopies. My first after my surgery was at the 3 year mark; that went well, so the next one will be five years after that one. I'm not positive, but I think they will be every five years for awhile. Please ask your doctor. You don't want to miss any warning signs. Yeah, a colonoscopy isn't fun, but the alternative is worse.

Laurie

Past Member

Have a successful day!