Coloplast SenSura Mio One-Piece Pouch with 'Full Circle Pre-Filter' #10481

In this discussion
Replies
Views
River Birch

I received samples of this 'improved' pouch because I have been using Coloplast Sensura one-piece pouch #15521. This full-circle pre-filter is supposed to "protect against clogging, ballooning, and unwanted odors," but I found that it just takes up space inside the pouch and collects output, making it more difficult to clean (I rinse the pouch with a little warm water after emptying it). Does anyone prefer this pouch? Also, I never understood the function of those round stickers that are placed over the small round filter at the top of the pouch. The information about these stickers only states to apply them before showering, swimming, or submerging in water but doesn't explain what they are supposed to do. I have never used them and don't see a need for them. Are they supposed to prevent water from entering the pouch? And what is that round filter supposed to do when it's not covered by a sticker??

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mild_mannered_super_hero

Filtered bags are great for folks who have mostly solid output. They are not so great if your output is very liquid (as you have discovered). The little stickers are to keep moisture from entering the pouch from an external source, they should not be used any other time. If the filter gets wet, it's junk....if you are rinsing your filtered pouch.....you are basically destroying the filter. Regards, mmsh

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Axl

I've never used the filter cover in the shower or bath ever.

The one time I experimented with it, it ripped a hole in the bag trying to get it off. And I have had all types of output consistency. I understand what they are included for but it makes no difference to me. Never had an issue, I use Braun bags.

Superme

Hi River Birch! If you wear your pouch for two days or more, moisture gets on the deodorizer and can seep onto your clothing. Putting one of those stickers over it helps to keep the moisture in, but at the same time, it defeats the purpose of an escape for gas.

Mike