Need help with gas and ballooning - seeking medication solution

Replies
Views
Past Member

I recently had to delete a ton of OTC meds due to CKD diagnosis and now after 16 years I'm plagued with awful gas! I've tried everything out there! One night I rolled and the air from my ileostomy pouch filled the large drain bag so full of air it popped like a gunshot! I can handle releasing air but need help preventing it in the first place please. (And don't do the diet thing. Combining renal and short bowel is hard enough...I need a medication solution please.

MaeRee

I have tried a lot of gas remedies that don't work... until now. A nurse friend of mine, always on the lookout for me, found...

Kroger (store)

Ultra Strength

Gas Relief

Simethicone 180mg

60 soft gels

I was told some people prick a little hole in the gel and put a few drops in their bag. I just took a pill and within 15 minutes, all was gone - bloating and gas. I couldn't believe it. Just remember, the box has to say KROGER on it.
I hope this helps.

MaeRee

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,423 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Morning glory

I use Gas-X Softgels. This really works for me. Don't chew gum, chew chew chew your food. You can Google for info.

Puppyluv56

Hey,

I will certainly check this out at Kroger. Wonder what the difference is in this product and Gas X. It is the same drug. The mg may be different or other ingredients.  

Thanks for the tip!

Puppyluv

Past Member

Simethicone made mine worse. It allows gas to release more freely, so if painful, it's helpful, but in my case, it's just inconvenient and costing me money in ostomy supplies. I am taking one like Beano that prevents it before it starts, which is a tad better.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
bigal1579

Osto-EZ-Vent is a product that allows you to vent off gas collected in the pouch. They also have a deodorizer attachment.