Saxenda

Replies
Views
DaisyMae

I'm going to start Saxenda on Wednesday. It's a weight loss medication that is injected in the abdomen. Has anyone ever tried this? Did you have any issues since you have a colostomy? I'd appreciate any information that anyone could give me. Thanks.

lovely

I have not used that, just want to wish the best. Have you checked with your ostomy doctor or nurse?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

charlie

I was almost excited to see there may be a solution for weight gain. Until I read the side effects and who cannot use this product. As I have an ileostomy, I am out of the running.
Before taking Saxenda®, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
are taking certain medicines called GLP-1 receptor agonists.
have severe problems with your stomach, such as slowed emptying of your stomach (gastroparesis) or problems with digesting food.
have or have had problems with your pancreas, kidneys, or liver.

Back to the drawing board for me. If my weight did not affect the adherence of my appliance, I would not be too bothered, but it does.

Please keep us updated on Saxenda, and good luck. Terry