Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Pass the gas please!

Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:39 am
This is a great community. Consider joining.

I had a funny thing happen the other day.

I was just sitting on the couch and my 

stoma let out a fart that would have scared any teenager!

My spouse turned around as if in shock.... I thought it was

hilarious!  I can't be offended from much anymore, but it is amazing to see others reactions!

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:53 am

LOL. I startled myself the other day. I can usually tell when I'm gonna have a large gas release but this one took me by surprise and I actually flinched. 

Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:23 pm

Mine can go at the most inconvenient times. I let out a loud one in a job interview. My interviewer offered me a pack of crackers. Lol.  ,church during prayer. 😂 

Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:13 pm

Morning glory wrote:

Mine can go at the most inconvenient times. I let out a loud one in a job interview. My interviewer offered me a pack of crackers. Lol.  ,church during prayer. 😂 

😂 I'm surprised they had crackers. 🤣

Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:43 pm

AlexT wrote:

LOL. I startled myself the other day. I can usually tell when I'm gonna have a large gas release but this one took me by surprise and I actually flinched. 

That's exactly what happened to me!  I actually jumped a little with the sudden force and noise of it coming out!  Luckily, my husband was the only witness! 

Terry

Axl
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:53 pm

I don't have or do the gas thing for some reason, missing out on all the fun, I have to do the armpit thing instead ...

Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:01 pm

delgrl525 wrote:

That's exactly what happened to me!  I actually jumped a little with the sudden force and noise of it coming out!  Luckily, my husband was the only witness! 

Terry

When gas happens to me and somebody that isn't used to it is around, I just say...."sorry, no control over it. But don't worry, I got a filter so it won't stink." 

Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:08 pm

I like it when I am holding my 3 year old niece and my stoma lets one rip. She will go "AUNT T! AUNT T YOUR TUMMY MADE A RUMBLE"!

Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:09 pm

I like it when I am holding my 3 year old niece and my stoma lets one rip. She will go "AUNT T! AUNT T YOUR TUMMY MADE A RUMBLE"!

Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:10 pm

tiff041 wrote:

Sorry that appeared twice for some reason 🙍

Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:31 am

My dog tends to lay on my tummy and when I pass the gas he thinks I've got his squeaky toy under my top lol 😂 XX

Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:08 am

Yeah, the ol' abdominal farts.  Seems to only happen to me when I'm in a meeting room and the presenter is rather quiet.  I learned to keep a coat or sweatshirt in my lap to dampen the sound, but it doesn't always work.  But it is funny that that's the only time I get gas......and it's usually because I haven't eaten in a while knowing I'd be in a long meeting and not wanting to have to keep getting up to empty my bag, not from something I ate.  It's a good thing that as we get older we care less and less about being embarrassed.  

;0)

bob

Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:01 pm

Caz67 wrote:

My dog tends to lay on my tummy and when I pass the gas he thinks I've got his squeaky toy under my top lol 😂 XX

You kill me!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:44 am

I have a lot of gas and it does sound off sometimes at the wrong time but mostly it is quite but blows up like a  balloon.

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.