Need advice on challenging parastomal hernia surgery

Replies
Views
Happyjan

Hi everyone, just been told that I have a parastomal hernia, and that the surgery is going to be challenging. I have only had my stoma for 6 months, and it has been hell.

Past Member

I'm sorry to hear this. Best of luck.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,423 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lovely

Sorry, you are having this problem. I wish you the best of luck. Please let us know how you get along. When are you having this done?

w30bob

Hi Happy,

Sorry to hear this. But although challenging, if repaired correctly, your life should get a lot better!! I'd be talking to more than one surgeon and comparing notes. The way they repair it should be identical, but if not, you need to know why.......and then determine who's right and who's wrong for your situation. Hopefully, they'll agree perfectly in their game plan and get you repaired without incident. Keep us abreast of how it goes. You know we're all pullin' for ya!!!

Regards,

Bob

Happyjan
Reply to lovely

Hi lovely, thank you for taking time to reply. I have had a CT scan. Now I just have to wait until February to see the surgeon and hear what they say. Who knows what the outcome will be? Dam Covid is not helping at all over here in the UK. Merry Christmas to you, Jan.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
ron in mich

Hi Jan, good luck with your surgery.

Earth Angel

Good luck with your hernia surgery, Jan! We are all here pulling for you! Best of luck.