Need advice on challenging parastomal hernia surgery

Replies
Views
Happyjan
Dec 12, 2021 4:39 pm

Hi everyone, just been told that I have a parastomal hernia, and that the surgery is going to be challenging. I have only had my stoma for 6 months, and it has been hell.

Past Member
Dec 12, 2021 6:37 pm

I'm sorry to hear this. Best of luck.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

lovely
Dec 13, 2021 3:45 am

Sorry, you are having this problem. I wish you the best of luck. Please let us know how you get along. When are you having this done?

w30bob
Dec 13, 2021 3:55 am

Hi Happy,

Sorry to hear this. But although challenging, if repaired correctly, your life should get a lot better!! I'd be talking to more than one surgeon and comparing notes. The way they repair it should be identical, but if not, you need to know why.......and then determine who's right and who's wrong for your situation. Hopefully, they'll agree perfectly in their game plan and get you repaired without incident. Keep us abreast of how it goes. You know we're all pullin' for ya!!!

Regards,

Bob

Happyjan
Dec 13, 2021 6:29 am
Reply to lovely

Hi lovely, thank you for taking time to reply. I have had a CT scan. Now I just have to wait until February to see the surgeon and hear what they say. Who knows what the outcome will be? Dam Covid is not helping at all over here in the UK. Merry Christmas to you, Jan.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Play
ron in mich
Dec 13, 2021 2:51 pm

Hi Jan, good luck with your surgery.

Earth Angel
Dec 14, 2021 10:46 pm

Good luck with your hernia surgery, Jan! We are all here pulling for you! Best of luck.