Finding Love After Ostomy: A Heartwarming Success Story!

Replies
Views
Van guy

Just want to say that, as a confirmed bachelor in his 50s at the time of my ostomy in 2009, I was doubtful I'd find the love I'd always wanted. Well, I did, at the young age of 62, and we've been married for 6 years now. She'd only ever met one person before, a co-worker, with an ostomy, and was apprehensive. But we hit it off, and have a wonderful life together, and yes, the intimacy is very good. I'm a very lucky man.

All the best in the new year, and while I almost never sign in to this website these days, know that I'm cheering you on.

jenny147

Wonderful!!! Six years and many more to come!!!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,456 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Good for you, Van, and your true love!! Live every minute of your time together, don't just exist, savor every moment, and never take this gift for granted. Enjoy every minute as if it's your last.

Congratulations on finding the one.

Eamon/Magoo.

Bill

Hello Van guy.

Thank you for your post which is appreciated on many levels.

Congratulations on finding what you wanted in life. As others have said-never take it for granted and enjoy every moment.

Best wiahes

Bill

Caz67

Hi Vanguy

Congratulations on finding your true love. This gives us all hope that someday we will find the same magic you have found. You never know what or who is just around the corner. Never say never. Good luck with the rest of your married life XX

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Past Member

How wonderful! Gives us all hope.

lovely

Thanks for sharing. I know it gives others hope. Hope this coming year is good for you.

TerryLT

I'm so happy for you, Van guy! As others have said, your post will give hope to others. I never forget how lucky I am that my ostomy came many years after I had already found "the one". I can only imagine the challenges of being a new ostomate and dating.

Make every moment count, and never take your good fortune for granted. Also, hello to a fellow Vancouverite! (Well, born and raised in Vancouver, but live in Delta now, close enough!) I hope to see you on the site again.

Cheers,

Terry

bowsprit

What a nice story. Many congratulations. Hope gets stirred anew among the hopeful.

Phil0110

Wonderful! Very happy for you!