Bag Suction and Leakage Issues: Need Help!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses tips and advice for managing bag suction and leakage issues related to ostomy care.
timgorman2112

Bag is getting sucked in like it's in a vacuum. Can feel every time urine comes out of my stoma. Also, bag leaks after just 2 days.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,094 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

HELLO TIMGORMAN2112.

This sounds as if it might be a problem that the manufacturers need to be made aware of.  I did get back to Dansac/Holliister for a problem I had with sleeves and they seemed very pleased to recieve my comments and fixed the problem immediately.   (the fact that they created another did not distract from their efforts to resolve the problem in the first place.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
lovely

Do you leave a little air in the bag when you change it? As Bill suggested, you may need to get in touch with your vendor.

TerryLT

Hi Tim, the first thing I thought, reading your post, is that you have a vented bag, which is not allowing gas into the bag. That always would happen to me. The bag would suck in right against my stoma and made it difficult to get the output to flow down to the bottom of the bag. I now put a sticker over the vent to disable it, or just use a bag without a vent. Could this be what is happening with you?

Terry

timgorman2112
Reply to TerryLT

Thanks Terry. I'm only a few months in with this, so I have to check that out.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
patrickrichardson1946

Pardon my asking, but what may be a stupid question, but you mention urine. So, then I guess you have a urostomy? And if you do, then problems like pancaking and ballooning would not apply to a urostomy?

Xlshrimp

I wear a Hollister appliance with the belt and it helps a lot. I have had a couple boxes of defective appliances over 30 years. The Hollister company wouldn't refund if there were pharmacy stickers on the boxes, so no more stickers on my boxes anymore!