Grateful for Support in Recovering from COVID

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Ritz

Well, it's been 2 weeks since my bout with Covid. I want to thank everyone for their support and well wishes. It worked! Although I still have a cough, I'm able to tend to my ileostomy without shaking. A special thanks to those that helped me smile although I felt like crap.
Stay safe out there... we are a vulnerable group.

Ritz

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,101 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Thanks for the update Ritz and I'm pleased that you are on the mend

Best wishes

Bill  

'When sickness makes us feel unwell

A little laighter breaks that spell'.

B. Withers 2019

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Caz67

Welcome back to some sort of normality, Ritz XX.

HenryM

I'm so glad you're doing well, Ritz.  Thumbs up!

Earth Angel

Ritz, so happy you made it to the other side! I'm sure that took a lot out of you. Keep up your positive attitude and keep smiling! Hoping you have only good health from here on out!

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
ron in mich

Hi Ritz, that's good news. I've had a couple of old friends pass away from it, but they were anti-vaxxers.

Morning glory

So glad you're over it, Ritz. Take things slow and stay positive.

Past Member

So happy to hear that Ritz... hang in there, we all love ya, so keep getting better, Eamon.

Past Member

So glad you are feeling better.

TerryLT

Hi Ritz, wonderful news! It must feel good to have the worst behind you. Stay strong and stay safe.

Terry

Ritz
Reply to ron in mich

Ron ... my nephew is an antivaxer and now he has it too. I warned him, even the vaccinated get it.

This is a deadly fast-moving illness, I wish people would take it more seriously... the hospitals here are packed, the stores closing again because the workers are sick.
The unvaccinated are really pissing me off. Stay well out there... and warm!

Newbie Dana

So glad you're better! Some of us are immune compromised and even vaccinated are susceptible. Thankfully, all my cancer treatments were 10 years ago, and I seem to have a strong response from the vaccines. I triple vaxed as soon as I was eligible, because my job as a tax preparer puts me in constant contact with the public. I'm looking at N95 masks now. I'm scared of this stuff!

lovely

Ritz, so glad you are better.

Bill
Reply to Ritz

Hello Ritz.
Thanks for keeping us updated on your situation and I’m pleased for you that it is improving.
As for your feelings that the unvaccinated are pissing you off, I do not think that you are alone with these feelings. We are getting more and more reports about the numbers of unvaccinated people in hospital (& dying) with covid, compared with the vaccinated, who are having much milder symptoms. There seems to be a growing expression of frustration and resentment towards these people, who are taking up spaces in hospitals and depriving other people (with other serious complaints) of the opportunities for treatment.
There are many consequences arising from people’s beliefs and actions, which are adversely impinging upon other people’s lives. This is when the whole debate about individual ‘rights’ versus collective responsibilities comes into play.
From my own perspective, it would seem that the individualists have normalised their selfishness to the extent that they ‘believe’ they are ‘right’ about everything, and that they do not have any responsibilities towards others. This is the primary reason why our environment is being, and has been destroyed, to the extent that we are facing an even bigger catastrophe than covid.
Unless selfishness, inconsiderateness, and unkindness is recognised and controlled in modern societies, then the human race is destined to destroy itself. Of course, this has always been the case, but in modern times we have the technology to achieve that end much faster than we have in the past.
With that happy thought – I bid you farewell.
Best wishes
Bill

Past Member

Ritz,

Catching up a bit here. I'm so sorry you were sick with Covid, so happy you seem to be better. Keep getting better and feeling better. No fun, no fun, Covid.
Liz