Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
28,297 members
Next >

Frozen Supplies


 
This is the best website for people with an Ostomy. So much understanding.

Good morning 🌻

My supplies arrived and it was frozen. The 2 bottles of liquids were solid (Na'Scent Ostomy Odor Eliminator & Coloplast Brava Lubricating Deodorant). I did take the lids off and put them in containers to thaw. I didn't handle the wafers and bags until they reached room temp.  I assume everything is ok to use? Has anyone had this happen to them? Thanks



Last edited by on Fri May 13, 2022 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
 

You should be fine. I've had supplies frozen and they were ok.

MeetAnOstoMate - 28,297 members

 


rogerbland1953 wrote:

You should be fine. I've had supplies frozen and they were ok.

Thanks

 

Hi Sally,  I don't know what kind of prices you are paying for your supplies, but you might want to check out Wellwise (a division of Shopper's Drug Mart) if you have one in your area.  They have great prices on ostomy supplies and you can use and collect PC points from Superstore to make it even cheaper.  Good luck with your thawed supplies!

Terry


 


delgrl525 wrote:

Hi Sally,  I don't know what kind of prices you are paying for your supplies, but you might want to check out Wellwise (a division of Shopper's Drug Mart) if you have one in your area.  They have...

Thanks Terry! I was buying from Wellwise but then found cheaper prices at CanMedDirect. It's just the time of year for shipping things I guess.

 


Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Terry! I was buying from Wellwise but then found cheaper prices at CanMedDirect. It's just the time of year for shipping things I guess.

Hi Sally,  I just checked out CanMedDirect, and you are right, great prices!  Thanks for this.  I think I'll switch.  I don't really like having things delivered (porch pirates) but if I order enough at a time, I won't have to do it too often.  Have you had a good experience with them, other than the frozen shipment?

Terry


 


delgrl525 wrote:

Hi Sally,  I just checked out CanMedDirect, and you are right, great prices!  Thanks for this.  I think I'll switch.  I don't really like having things delivered (porch pirates) but if I order ...

So far no problems at all.

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours