Coloplast Convex Flip

Replies
Views
Audrey Warren

Has anyone else had problems with Coloplast's Sensura Mio Convex Flip? I have used this pouch 3 times and each time had a leak.
This is a very comfortable pouch. I have done all the necessary steps but cannot wear. I will be calling my rep but was just wondering if anyone else has had issues.

AND, I'm still trying to learn how to attach Osto-EZ Vent to help with ballooning. Videos aren't helpful. When I think I have attached securely, there is always a residue on the fabric behind it, defeating its purpose.

Audrey Warren

Past Member

Hi Audrey, I haven't heard of the Coloplast's Sensura Mio Convex Flip. I do use the Coloplast's Sensura Mio Convex Light with no issues. Hopefully someone has the answer.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Longroad78

I looked up the flip and it does look interesting. I use the regular mio two-piece and never had an issue with a leak from sticking exceed in cold weather where I forgot to pre-warm the glue on the wafer. I normally put a wet hand towel in the microwave for 1 min, then place the wafer in it to warm it before putting it on (still has the cover on the glue). I use the putty on the edge of the hole I cut in the wafer and the moldable ring around my stoma on my skin, then place it on and press using a piece of PVC pipe fitting inside the ring on the wafer to smash the putty and moldable ring together. The putty will push through gaps around the stoma to stop leaks and make it stick better around the edge of the stoma and skin. Then I use my hand to smooth the edges of the wafer outside of the inner seal ring. I have not had a leak issue doing this method. Looks like you're in a very cold part of the country. Hope this helps.

Audrey Warren
Reply to Longroad78

My application with a Coloplast convex is much less complicated and always works well. But it's not as comfortable as the Flip. But the Flip leaks so far. What is "a piece of PVC pipe?"
Thank you for the reply.

Audrey Warren
Reply to Anonymous

Nobody has an answer yet. I will try what you're using. Thank you for the reply.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister