Need Help with Ostomy Reversal - Stoma Bag Won't Stick!

Replies
Views
Sheldo

Oops. My question is in the above subject line. Thanks for any help. I'd love to get rid of this d#@* bag because I can't get it to stick!!

Bill

Hello Sheldo.

Good luck with the reversal. In the meantime, there are a number of things you might try to get the d#@* bag to stick.

I always heat the flange before application (with a hairdryer); I then hold it on with pressure for a few minutes to make sure it gets a connection; I then secure it (& me) with a hernia belt. Not much gets past that lot!

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,475 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

I know nothing about reversals.... That is not an option for me. I will have my lovely life-saving bag for life. Good luck to you.

ron in mich

Hi Sheldo, have you tried wearing a belt that's made to clip on the pouch and those C-shaped strips that go on the edge of the wafer for more security?

Past Member

Good luck! Hope you can have a reversal and a successful one.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
bowsprit
Reply to Anonymous

It is sad when you can't have a reversal. In my case, my trusted doctor says I am not a good candidate for it for a few reasons, mainly my response to anesthesia and cardiovascular problems. I haven't given up yet. Sadly, the others agree with him. Everything goes to sleep if you wait too long, some say. My advice to anybody whose doctors say it is okay would be to go ahead with it. It makes such a huge difference.

Past Member
Reply to bowsprit

It does make me sad at times.

Gingy

Hi hun, I have had a reversal before and had no problems with that so you should be fine. Good luck