Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,919 members

Would you rather ostomate edition!

Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:24 pm
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:27 pm

     New conversation starters. Woot woot! I’m going to post a would you rather question that is ostomate specific. Answer, and then pose a question of your own. Let’s see what we’re willing to choose. 🤗

Would you rather: Change your appliance 3x a day for the next month OR not change your appliance for a month? Why?

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,919 members
Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:31 pm

Not change for a month cause my insurance wouldn’t cover 3x/day. What color bag would you choose if you could have any color?

Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:45 pm


AlexT wrote:

Not change for a month cause my insurance wouldn’t cover 3x/day. What color bag would you choose if you could have any color?

Good question, but it has to be an either or for “Would you rather” to work. Like would you rather wear a neutral colored bag that smelled like the strongest cologne , or wear a light up, rainbow, musical bag that announced your (and your ostomy’s) arrival? 😂


Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:53 pm


RaenotRay wrote:

Good question, but it has to be an either or for “Would you rather” to work. Like would you rather wear a neutral colored bag that smelled like the strongest cologne , or wear a light up, rainb...

Hmmm I guess I would go with the neutral colored bag that smelled like the strongest cologne. 😬 🙄😅

Would you rather have a stoma that played the Wedding March or Take Me Out To The Ball Game whenever it tooted? 💩

Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:49 pm

I love a good ballgame so take me out to the ballgame. 

would you rather have a black or nude appliance? 

Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:49 pm


AlexT wrote:

Not change for a month cause my insurance wouldn’t cover 3x/day. What color bag would you choose if you could have any color?

Black

Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:29 pm


Abefroman1969 wrote:

I love a good ballgame so take me out to the ballgame. 

would you rather have a black or nude appliance? 

     Ooo, black would be very sleek. I loved my black stealth belt, but never tried black bags. 😁

Would you rather have a stoma on your wrist OR the back of your thigh? (I know it doesn’t work anatomically, but that’s what makes this game fun.)  🥳

Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:37 am


RaenotRay wrote:

     Ooo, black would be very sleek. I loved my black stealth belt, but never tried black bags. 😁

Would you rather have a stoma on your wrist OR the back of your thigh? (I know it doesn’t ...

I’m just imagining the surgeon pulling your intestine all the way up your torso, around the shoulder, and then all the way down the arm to finally get to the wrist. Either way, my answer would be back of the thigh, I think. I feel that on the wrist it would get in the way all the time, it’d be more discreet on the back of your thigh. 

Would you rather have a talking stoma that only spoke in rhyme or a talking stoma that always insulted you?

Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:48 am

I already feel like my stoma insults me but I also don’t want one that rhymes either. It reminds me of a line in the movie “the Big Short”  “The truth is like poetry and everybody f***ing hates poetry” 

Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:26 pm


Meadow Snow wrote:

I’m just imagining the surgeon pulling your intestine all the way up your torso, around the shoulder, and then all the way down the arm to finally get to the wrist. Either way, my answer would be...

     Oh my goodness. 😂 I’m with Paul. I’m not sure which would be worse. I guess I’d have to take the insults. The rhyme would drive me crazy! 

     You’re tasked with teaching a new ostomate how to change their appliance. Would you rather teach your worst ex, or a prolific serial killer? 


Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:45 pm


RaenotRay wrote:

     Oh my goodness. 😂 I’m with Paul. I’m not sure which would be worse. I guess I’d have to take the insults. The rhyme would drive me crazy! 

     You’re tasked with teaching a...

I will teach a prolific serial killer rather than deal with my ex! 😎

If you had to stay in the hospital overnight would you rather share a room with Gabby Gabby/Gus or Silent Selena/Sam? 

Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:57 pm

I think I’ll take the Silent Selena coz during the day I can wander around the rest of the ward and talk to other patients and/or ward staff so long as they’re not busy of course. And during the night I get a good night’s sleep 😴 💤 😴 💤 

Would you rather have a massive change-every-single-bloody-item-of-clothing blowout in public but you have no spare clothing on you or incessant itching that has no apparent cause for the whole night three times running? (For the second one, there’s no leak, no allergy to the bag, nothing like that, just Non. Stop. Itching). 

Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:06 pm


Meadow Snow wrote:

I think I’ll take the Silent Selena coz during the day I can wander around the rest of the ward and talk to other patients and/or ward staff so long as they’re not busy of course. And during th...

     That’s an awful choice. 😂 I guess I would go with the blowout.. at least there’s an end in sight. 😂

     Would you rather leak all the time, but never during sexy time OR never leak unless it’s sexy time? 

Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:35 pm

Sexy time, easier to cleanup once a month instead of everyday. Would rather have your bag fill up with helium and float away or anything else?

Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:55 pm


RaenotRay wrote:

     That’s an awful choice. 😂 I guess I would go with the blowout.. at least there’s an end in sight. 😂

     Would you rather leak all the time, but never during sexy time OR neve...

Can you elaborate on “sexy time”?


Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:17 pm


AlexT wrote:

Can you elaborate on “sexy time”?

.



Last edited by on Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:27 pm


RaenotRay wrote:

     That’s an awful choice. 😂 I guess I would go with the blowout.. at least there’s an end in sight. 😂

     Would you rather leak all the time, but never during sexy time OR neve...

What happens if “all the time” and “sexy time” are one in the same? 🤭 

Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:29 pm


Anonymous wrote:

.

Have at it Sally, too much hair for me. 😁 Plus, I’m not sure that sexy AF swimsuit thingy he’s wearing would go well with my tush nowadays. 😬

Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:14 pm


Anonymous wrote:

.

Oh my goodness! 😂😂😂 It’s gonna take a while to get that image out of my mind. 😂

Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:15 pm


AlexT wrote:

What happens if “all the time” and “sexy time” are one in the same? 🤭 

     Then you are a VERY LUCKY man. 😍

Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:16 pm


AlexT wrote:

Have at it Sally, too much hair for me. 😁 Plus, I’m not sure that sexy AF swimsuit thingy he’s wearing would go well with my tush nowadays. 😬

     I don’t know Alex, I’m sure we could pin it in place. 😂


Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:17 pm


RaenotRay wrote:

     I don’t know Alex, I’m sure we could pin it in place. 😂

 😂

Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:19 pm


RaenotRay wrote:

     Then you are a VERY LUCKY man. 😍

I vaguely remember that way way back when. 😩

Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:20 pm


RaenotRay wrote:

     I don’t know Alex, I’m sure we could pin it in place. 😂

How about tape, pins might hurt depending on where ya poke. 😬😁

Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:33 pm


AlexT wrote:

How about tape, pins might hurt depending on where ya poke. 😬😁

     Don’t worry Alex, you can trust me. 🤷🏼‍♀️I’m sure I can rope Sally into helping. 😇

Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:41 pm


RaenotRay wrote:

     Don’t worry Alex, you can trust me. 🤷🏼‍♀️I’m sure I can rope Sally into helping. 😇

FYI, Sally wants the forum members to call her FillYourBoots. 😁 I’m usually a very trusting person EXCEPT when it comes to where a person needs to put pins on that piece of cloth and my waist area. 😮😬


Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:49 pm

.



Last edited by on Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:50 pm


RaenotRay wrote:

     Don’t worry Alex, you can trust me. 🤷🏼‍♀️I’m sure I can rope Sally into helping. 😇

Count me in. I would love to help stick Alex with pins. 😁


Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:18 pm


AlexT wrote:

FYI, Sally wants the forum members to call her FillYourBoots. 😁 I’m usually a very trusting person EXCEPT when it comes to where a person needs to put pins on that piece of cloth and my waist ...

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours