Medicare coverage for multiple pouch sizes?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
gingerlee54

Hi, I am 7 weeks post-surgery and just now starting to order supplies through my pharmacy and bill through Medicare.... I was wondering if anyone knows if Medicare will pay for 2 different pouch sizes? During the day, I have a 400 CC unit pouch and at nighttime, I would like the 600 cc or mL pouch... Does anyone do this and is it covered?

Thanks, Ginger

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Audrey Warren

Ginger, my surgeon has to approve my appliance orders so insurance covers them. I would contact your surgeon and/or your home health care nurse to get your different size pouches.
My first health care nurse was incompetent and so I complained and another was assigned ... wonderful nurse.
Also, a good nurse will help you with your other concerns.
Good luck.

Audrey Warren

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Homie With A Stomie NS

Morning Ginger....my thoughts are it may be too early to pre-order as stoma sizes will change with time, etc., and pouches will be determined if you will be able to use a flat-type flange or require a convex-type flange, etc. Myself, I use one bag for seven days, no changing from day and night, etc.

Kudos for being proactive, you got this girl....we are here for you.

Happy Friday.

Tracy.

Ritz

I was told that example ..... I'm allowed 60 pouches .. get 30 of one and 30 of the other

gingerlee54
Reply to Audrey Warren

Thank you, Audrey. Slowly catching on how to find replies when mates reply to me...

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
gingerlee54
Reply to Homie With A Stomie NS

Aw, thank you.

I'm just now 3 months later finding out how to read the replies from ostomates. Mercy, so glad to read the replies...

Good to know.

dscarlos
Reply to Homie With A Stomie NS

I would order the size now because, like NS said, the size may change. I am on Medicare but have never ordered two sizes before.

cebontorno

Use Edgepark. They have a complete collection of products. You can also get free samples from all the different suppliers so you can try them out first. Good luck. I am new. Hope it helps.