Advice on Ileostomy Reversal Healing

Replies
Views
Humpty

I'm having an ileostomy reversal one week from today... I'm nervous as hell, not from the surgery itself but from the healing afterwards. I'd love to hear some advice or anyone's experience.

Cheekymonkey111

Hi Humpty

Good luck with the reversal. I too will hopefully be having the same soon.

Unfortunately, I can't give you any advice, but I'm here for moral support during your recovery. X

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,379 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mild_mannered_super_hero

No experience, but good luck for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Renfromtexas

I'm waiting to hear from my surgeon on when my reversal ileostomy can take place. Terrified and excited. Watched a few videos on YouTube about them to see. Good luck.

Past Member

How did it go? I'm having a reversal next week

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Humpty
Reply to Anonymous

It went well. Still lots of diarrhea and surgical pain... but it has started to subside.

Humpty
Reply to Renfromtexas

Thank you! It went well and I'm on the mend! Feels good to not have anything hanging off my body. Good luck to you!

Renfromtexas
Reply to Humpty

Amen! I've been praying about this.

Delsol93
Reply to Humpty

I'm on my journey for reversal, trying to schedule the colonoscopy to make sure it can be reversed. That has been a challenge. Hope to have everything positive for a December reversal. Were you in the hospital for a while? Mine told me to expect 5-7 days. I'm looking forward to not having mine hanging off me too!

Humpty
Reply to Delsol93

They'll want you to pass gas poop. I wasn't in the hospital that long. My incision was from my pubic bone to right below my breasts. That's the incision from when I got the ileostomy. So it's still sore.
I'm so happy to have it gone.